Banshee kx500 swap

2smokesJg

a94149ce8a59694063482caab80a2316.jpg

8cdfce37fa67f3da02a0302d82900cdd.jpg

3ef898e66a30298a54326e9fdfd48047.jpg

I've got a LT250R with a CR500 in it! The engine is solid mounted so the vibration sucks!!! It's the worst on hard pack dirt roads when at high rpm. I've found at the dunes having a load on the engine seems help with the vibration a lot! Power is good pulls hard like 4 stroke just wont rev out on top. It needs drag port and a CPI pipe and it may hang with my sons 4 mill dune port banshee!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's bad ass was it pretty easy swap or did u have to make a lot of stuff how is is to start mine is crazy tough alot of compression

The CR pipe from newer bikes fits with no mods had to lengthen muffler tube 4" with a small bend. The LT frame is skinny like CR frame. I don't kick start it when cold any more just get the strap out and pull start it so I don't heart my self! Makes for a bad weekend when you tear calf muscle before bike is started. From what I remember swap was not that bad. I bilt the bike 20 years ago just got it back from friend that never rode it much.

Nice hybrid bike I agree get new arms and suspension but considering you did the work your self paid next to nothing to coat and already had the motor I think you did an awesome job... I prefer the banshee motor but at the end of the day if it gets you going who cares

• Like 1

Why would u think it's gonna blow it's got a fresh rebuild on it being in a banshee isn't any different than being in a dirt bike?

It's quite a bit different. The crank and drivetrain are designed for a lot less weight and stress then what a heavy old quad with the traction two big tires can create.

It's cool in it's own way, but the banshee is a horrendous handling machine and is a pig in the weight department. Take all the power out of it and it's no fun at all... That motor would be awesome in a modern 4 stroke quad frame like a yfz, raptor 250/350, or trx. Maybe even a 250r frame.

Here is a lt with a 500cc swap. Notice like monster, complete aftermarket suspension. Makes the world of difference.

LTHybrid_zpsygobcvr0.jpg

I know I need the suspension but like I stated before I blew up my bike had the motor and had the skills and know how to do everything else and knowing a few ppl to help i had it all done,suspension will soon fallow but I plaid the cards I was handed I have yfz450r shocks but not sure if I wanna go that way I heard I'll loose a lot of steering any input on that idea and I am planning on getting some full flight a arms or maybe lone star if I can scrounge up that kinda cash

Nice hybrid bike I agree get new arms and suspension but considering you did the work your self paid next to nothing to coat and already had the motor I think you did an awesome job... I prefer the banshee motor but at the end of the day if it gets you going who cares

Thanks man a arms and suspension will soon fallow

It's quite a bit different. The crank and drivetrain are designed for a lot less weight and stress then what a heavy old quad with the traction two big tires can create.

It's cool in it's own way, but the banshee is a horrendous handling machine and is a pig in the weight department. Take all the power out of it and it's no fun at all... That motor would be awesome in a modern 4 stroke quad frame like a yfz, raptor 250/350, or trx. Maybe even a 250r frame.

Yeah I see what your saying we will see what happens hopefully it will hold