Hey guys so today I stripped my banshee to prep for fluids change and cleaning. Prior to doing this I considered buying new race plastics but the cost was outrageous as im sure everyone can agree.

I went ahead and cut my front plastics myself (see image). I measured and lined it up. I used a metal cutter on a dremmel and cut them. the job was rough and ugly at first but I then went over the rough edge with a dremmel sanding band. If you own a dremmel it usually comes with it. Using the dremmel sanding band was really the key to a cleaner smoother surface. I then used a blow dryer on the hottest setting to soften the excess shavings and just used my fingers to smoothen the edge. I also used some sandpaper to assist but the hair blower was really the best option. I will say they came out very well!

I plan to give the plastics to a client of mine who does car and motorcycle painting to paint black. He will also smoothen the edges and work on the scratches. Those edges may not look smooth but they are pretty damn smooth.

as a side note i have a small leather shop Totes Magoat and plan to reupholster the seat with that brown color leather in the background but using a thinner leather hide. Let me know what you guys think.

post-50364-0-39481700-1444874664.jpg

2eb76a963ef37a07dc4dbd27039b42e2.jpg

This is the cut I'm running. Done with a cutoff wheel, took no time at all with a sander to clean it up. I wanted to leave the fronts a little longer towards the front but these plastics had been rolled by the previous owner and they were uneven unfortunately.

If you're good with upholstery, this community could use another seat cover manufacturer!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes this will be my first time doing motorcycle seats but I'll keep you posted on the finished product. If the group approves the finished product maybe I can do some projects for HQ members. i current make leather bags and wallets but have made a few chairs covers and other items. www.totesmagoat.com

• 2 weeks later...