Husqvarna wr 250 jetting

georgeh8781

Hi there. I have a 2000 husqvarna wr 250. I just purchased the bike down in sacramento about 4 days ago which is about 1000 ft i think. it was working fine when i got it., started first kick. I then bought it up to lake tahoe which is about 6500ft. i rode it for 2 days and was working well but started blowing some blue smoke. Then on the 3rd ride it just crapped out. I think i need to re jet it but not sure what jets i need. 

It wont kick over. I have check the piston rings and spark plug and that's not the problem.

At the moment it has.

Mikuni carb.

Main jet. 360

Pilot jet. 20

What should i have for 6500ft???

No doubt overfueled but not why it won't run at all especially he rode it for two days at that elevation just fine , something else is funky

Not sure if it was running sweet, is my first 2 stroke. I thought it was good as it started first time.  Someone told me that it would be leaking fuel if it had a blown crank seal. And its not leaking fuel? 

Not sure if it was running sweet, is my first 2 stroke. I thought it was good as it started first time.  Someone told me that it would be leaking fuel if it had a blown crank seal. And its not leaking fuel? 

so you joined BHQ because your Husky is running like a turd....makes sense

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to help you but u don't wanna listen, if the bike ran good before or even close to good and now it won't even run something is hurt in the motor , you either have burnt up the piston have an airleak or a clogged jet or carb circuit , when you go up in elevation you need to lean jetting out 1-2 sizes but your pissing up a rope if there's a failure. Find the issue! Do a compression test first then a pressure test . All the info for these procedures are pinned on this site and there is no magic jet size every motor is diffrent I've worked on 100s of bikes . You can't jet a motor that mechAnically unsound and until you perform tests and post results your dancing around the root of the problem

I'm trying to help you but u don't wanna listen, if the bike ran good before or even close to good and now it won't even run something is hurt in the motor , you either have burnt up the piston have an airleak or a clogged jet or carb circuit , when you go up in elevation you need to lean jetting out 1-2 sizes but your pissing up a rope if there's a failure. Find the issue! Do a compression test first then a pressure test . All the info for these procedures are pinned on this site and there is no magic jet size every motor is diffrent I've worked on 100s of bikes . You can't jet a motor that mechAnically unsound and until you perform tests and post results your dancing around the root of the problem

Thanks for your help man i appreciate it i will try doing this.