I have $4,000 to use on suspension and a arms.

PaymentPlan

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to be able to build this bike up with knowing exactly what to get and why. So here is another one, front wheel and tire size. Are there significant differences between choosing front tire sizes?

Yes, purchasing the correct sized front tires for your desired type of riding is important for best performance.

What do you use Laeger. I though I seen some itps in some of your bike photos.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

For MX riding:

Front: 20-6-10 ITP Holeshots mxr6

Rear: 18-10-8 ITP Holeshots mxr6

For trails:

Front: 22-7-10 ITP HD Holeshots

Rear: 20-11-9 ITP HD Holeshots

Sand:

Front: 21-7-10 Sand Stars or Mohawks

Rear: 20-11-10 Sand Stars or Skat Trak Edges

• 4 weeks later...

How do you like that JL ? I'm in the middle of my build and I'm looking to get an arm soon. I've heard a lot of good with the JL's.

Love the JL I've put it through a lot of abuse going to the track almost on a weekly basis with no issues or sign of any cracking. Customer service from John is superior to others.

Love the JL I've put it through a lot of abuse going to the track almost on a weekly basis with no issues or sign of any cracking. Customer service from John is superior to others.

What length do you have and what motor are you using? I'm trying to figure out what I need to use.

I went with a -2 i almost went with a -1 thinking a -2 would be too much but turns out this was perfect. Motor wise I'm bored over .30, 21cc domes in a fast racing cool head, chariot banshee intake boots, v-force 3 reeds and CFM performance aluminum airbox. If I did anything else it'd probably get it ported and polished but as it is now on the dry hard picked tracks it's still hard to find traction at times. When it's been prepped and it's nice fresh dirt that's soft it hooks up amazingly, so I don't feel the need to up the power anymore. I'm not racing anymore so it's somewhat rare when you do get a nice peeped track like that to put the power down otherwise I have to somewhat work to put it down. Nothing like how it used to be with the stock swingarm though.

I went with a -2 i almost went with a -1 thinking a -2 would be too much but turns out this was perfect. Motor wise I'm bored over .30, 21cc domes in a fast racing cool head, chariot banshee intake boots, v-force 3 reeds and CFM performance aluminum airbox. If I did anything else it'd probably get it ported and polished but as it is now on the dry hard picked tracks it's still hard to find traction at times. When it's been prepped and it's nice fresh dirt that's soft it hooks up amazingly, so I don't feel the need to up the power anymore. I'm not racing anymore so it's somewhat rare when you do get a nice peeped track like that to put the power down otherwise I have to somewhat work to put it down. Nothing like how it used to be with the stock swingarm though.

Right on. I'm trying to figure the length I'm gonna use. I'll proably get a +1

I've got a little bit of power to keep down and balance

Well considering this is under the MX thread I'm assuming your going after just that, so considering that, I don't see why you'd want to extend it out further since it's going to hurt your handling especially if your going to be adding an inch forward on the a-arms as I saw you talk about earlier in this thread. Doesn't make sense. I don't think even Duncan racing wth their complete motor package extended out their Mx bike they built for Eichner (if that's how you spell it) so unless your pushing that much power or aren't going for just MX your going in the wrong direction.

• Like 1

Well considering this is under the MX thread I'm assuming your going after just that, so considering that, I don't see why you'd want to extend it out further since it's going to hurt your handling especially if your going to be adding an inch forward on the a-arms as I saw you talk about earlier in this thread. Doesn't make sense. I don't think even Duncan racing wth their complete motor package extended out their Mx bike they built for Eichner (if that's how you spell it) so unless your pushing that much power or aren't going for just MX your going in the wrong direction.

His motor is too big for mx.