I have $4,000 to use on suspension and a arms.

PaymentPlan

I really want to stand out with a sharp, wide, front end on my bike. I want new shocks all around, with a complete set of extended arms. I've got a +4 swinger currently, with a good wide axel. There's a kit on ebay with Roll Design +2+1 arms with elka stage 5's for close to 4g. I feel like there is a better package I can get for 4g though. Anyone have any suggestions? Maybe fireball a arms?

I really want to stand out with a sharp, wide, front end on my bike. I want new shocks all around, with a complete set of extended arms. I've got a +4 swinger currently, with a good wide axel. There's a kit on ebay with Roll Design +2+1 arms with elka stage 5's for close to 4g. I feel like there is a better package I can get for 4g though. Anyone have any suggestions? Maybe fireball a arms?

I own both. The Roll Design are Bitchin'! I also just had Rodger at Fireball build me their Long Travel arms as well, but they are done in light weight chromoly. No good for trails, but the craftsmanship is Top Notch as well. Have a normal set made And I bet you would be just as happy as running the Roll stuff. The roll arms are about $1200 and the Fireball stuff is about $800+ after powder coating. So the biggest difference is price. Aside from that, Fire Ball is now using an updated ball joint set up that is pretty killer.

As far as rear suspension components, I'd say a nice swing arm with a round house style carrier is needed. Also a RPM Dominator axle is top of the line.

Shocks... I'm more in to the Axis or Fox Floats. Elka seems to have a dwindling track record when it comes time to send them anything.

• Like 1

I'd like to see your Roll Design. Have any pics? I've been hearing pretty good about them floats as well. I do need to do my research b4 I pull a money trigger. Some feedback from members is always helpful for a sense of direction. Pretty soon I'll make a build thread to get some solid pointers. No corners will be cut on this build!

Check this guy out for a-arms, steering stem and shocks.

http://www.jdperformance.net/488%20Web%20Design/yamaha.html

I did a whole package on my 02.

Fireball +2+1 Steering Stem w/1-1/8" bar clamp

ProTaper Contour CR Mid bend bars w/ODI Rouge Grips

Man what a huge difference, confidence went thru the roof!!

Fireball LT a-arms with LT Elka Stage 5's.

Fireball HD +2 swqingarm

House of Horsepower rear shock resprung and revalved for the +2 and my riding weight.

I kinda wished I had looked into jd performance before I bought all my fireball shit.

My front-end understeers like a mutha fucka, but I attribute that to too much negative toe.

I'm getting ready to reinstall everything and I'm using a tool to dial in caster angles and camber angles.

And, while you're buying your control arms, ask them to make you tie rods that use 2006 and newer Raptor 700 tie rod ends.

They're 12mm threads rather than the puny 10mm stock banshee shit.

That jd performance guy talks about it on his site.

I especially like how you can dial in his caster adjustments simply by moving the shims.

Suspension makes a huge difference.

Steering stem and bars make a huge difference.

Spread your money out on a whole package.

Do I need the stage 5's hell no, but I had the scratch and I got them for $500 off msrp.

Roll axis/fox. Fireball too. But axis and fox are far superior to Elka. Unless you get into there stage 5 stuff.

I have a jannsenn (fireball) front end with axis shocks. Standard travel.

Roll design stock length swinger with a Baldwin rebuilt rear.

I've never seen the JDperformance in person but from the pics it looked good.

You want all handling parts to work well with each other. So a good stem, bars, rear axle, correct offset wheels, brakes, tires, and a few other small things.

I could go on all day about suspension and set up. Ergonomics is the best way to ride all day. A lot of people over look that stuff.

• Like 1

Check out american star racing. Most banshee suspension they sell looks just like fireball. They must be vendors for them. 599.95 for the longtravel arms.

ASR and a ton of others are all made by Fireball!!

I have the Fireball LT control arms.

They're stout as fuck.

Like I said, I'm reinstalling everything on the 22nd, so hopefully with the proper tools I can align the front end and get that bitch to turn.

Oh, and BTW, y'all wouldn't happen to have any suggestions on aligning the front suspension would you?

How much caster and camber would you set yourself up with for duning?

And is that with the bike on the ground with no load?

ASR and a ton of others are all made by Fireball!!

I have the Fireball LT control arms.

They're stout as fuck.

Like I said, I'm reinstalling everything on the 22nd, so hopefully with the proper tools I can align the front end and get that bitch to turn.

What offset wheels do you have? +3+1 arms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk