NEED SAME ANSWERS ASAP! Please!

Ok so I have a 2000 banshee. Mods that I can get off the top of my head are...4mill, +4timing, Coolhead 17 or 18cc domes, v force reeds, boost bottle, toomey t5, r1000 clutch. .020 over

Problem I had was I wanted to get rid of stock air box for pods, so i did and while I was at it I removed the coolant resivor, I'm pretty that Dosent affect any thing with the engine tho.

so before I had removed the air box it ran really rich and would bog at low throttle and the moment I switched to pods the bike ran super lean and was hard to start with out giving it lots of throttle and when it would finally start no idle at all. So I took it to a local shop (Snuffy Raching) to get it rejetted, the guy told me that the compression was around 40 and other 90!!! I don't know if I'm right but can a banshee even start with that little compression??? So I'm thinking he's doing compression test wrong (tell me if I'm wrong tho) he's telling me also that the rings or pistons might be shot (with out even looking at them yet).

So with that being said the bike before would (with air box) would bog at low rpm but would them take off fast and hard with power at higher rpm and now I take it to a shop for some rejetting and I now I might be needing a top end rebuild!?!? Do you guys think he trying to get more money out of me or what could have caused those issues??? Especially the super low compression(if it's even true)!!!???

This is my second banshee and my first time taking one to someone for repairs (because I don't like dealing with jetting) . NEED SOME GOOD SOLID ANSWERS PLEASE BEFORE HE DOSE SOMETHING THAT ISNT NEEDED!!!!

Ok so I have a 2000 banshee. Mods that I can get off the top of my head are...4mill, +4timing, Coolhead 17 or 18cc domes, v force reeds, boost bottle, toomey t5, r1000 clutch. .020 over

Problem I had was I wanted to get rid of stock air box for pods, so i did and while I was at it I removed the coolant resivor, I'm pretty that Dosent affect any thing with the engine tho.

so before I had removed the air box it ran really rich and would bog at low throttle and the moment I switched to pods the bike ran super lean and was hard to start with out giving it lots of throttle and when it would finally start no idle at all. So I took it to a local shop (Snuffy Raching) to get it rejetted, the guy told me that the compression was around 40 and other 90!!! I don't know if I'm right but can a banshee even start with that little compression??? So I'm thinking he's doing compression test wrong (tell me if I'm wrong tho) he's telling me also that the rings or pistons might be shot (with out even looking at them yet).

So with that being said the bike before would (with air box) would bog at low rpm but would them take off fast and hard with power at higher rpm and now I take it to a shop for some rejetting and I now I might be needing a top end rebuild!?!? Do you guys think he trying to get more money out of me or what could have caused those issues??? Especially the super low compression(if it's even true)!!!???

This is my second banshee and my first time taking one to someone for repairs (because I don't like dealing with jetting) . NEED SOME GOOD SOLID ANSWERS PLEASE BEFORE HE DOSE SOMETHING THAT ISNT NEEDED!!!!

If you can't trust the shop,why are you using them? Makes no sense.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

If you can't trust the shop,why are you using them? Makes no sense.

It's my first time, I didn't want to do the trial and error with the jetting so I said to my self "fuck it, I'll give it a try." Because the guy would also dyno it

Perhaps you have a rent a tool guy near you or buy a quality comp tester. The threads on tester need to go in cylinder just as far as plug threads. Can't see your bike running hard at any rpm with those numbers. Yes, worn rings and cylinder walls will cause compression loss. After you determine compression is good, you have got to get jetting close. A bog at take off can simply be a air screw adjustment OR some other carb tuning. With compression and spark, your carbs tuned properly are key to a good running banshee

It's my first time, I didn't want to do the trial and error with the jetting so I said to my self "fuck it, I'll give it a try." Because the guy would also dyno it

I understand that,, but if you think he MIGHT be dishonest, or he MIGHT not know what hes talking about ,,to the point where you need to double check him, why use him?

Go somewhere else. If you're concerned this early on, it won't end well....for either of you.

I'd suggest finding a fellow BHQer close to you.

Perhaps you have a rent a tool guy near you or buy a quality comp tester. The threads on tester need to go in cylinder just as far as plug threads. Can't see your bike running hard at any rpm with those numbers. Yes, worn rings and cylinder walls will cause compression loss. After you determine compression is good, you have got to get jetting close. A bog at take off can simply be a air screw adjustment OR some other carb tuning. With compression and spark, your carbs tuned properly are key to a good running banshee

I was going to buy a compression tester but since I took it to this shop I decided not to. I tried the air screw before I took it to him and even fully screwed in, still really lean! If I remeber right to the main jet was 300

I understand that,, but if you think he MIGHT be dishonest, or he MIGHT not know what hes talking about ,,to the point where you need to double check him, why use him?

Go somewhere else. If you're concerned this early on, it won't end well....for either of you.

I'd suggest finding a fellow BHQer close to you.

You got a good point. But I'm really new with this web site, is there a way check for the closest sponsored shop near me????

You got a good point. But I'm really new with this web site, is there a way check for the closest sponsored shop near me????

I'm on tapatalk and can't see your location. I'd post a thread asking for some help from a local to you member to start with. Lots of knowledgeable guys that can at least accurately diagnose your problem. Then I'd look for a shop to perform the repairs , if needed.

I'm on tapatalk and can't see your location. I'd post a thread asking for some help from a local to you member to start with. Lots of knowledgeable guys that can at least accurately diagnose your problem. Then I'd look for a shop to perform the repairs , if needed.

i will try to make one right now! i am not feeking to good about this shop

i will try to make one right now! i am not feeking to good about this shop

If it were me, I'd trust my gut. Who knows though, he may be 100% right. Either way, if you can network with a knowledgeable member from here , you can at least confirm what the issue is.

If it were me, I'd trust my gut. Who knows though, he may be 100% right. Either way, if you can network with a knowledgeable member from here , you can at least confirm what the issue is.

Is the app all I needed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 mill with T5s and a 300 main would be real lean depending on porting. Buy a craftsman compression tester and start there.

that i know of it has some really mild porting, not sure where exactly or for what type of riding. i do know know tho it not where the intake reeds are because ive changed my boots and it looked bone stock there, so might be some where internal????