Bog issues

550 ft elevation , fmf fatty, boyesen dual stage reeds, maxima 927 40:1 mix, k&n pods. 260 main/30 pilot.

jus removed my tors, did the eliminator kit, and installed new dual stage reeds. ordered a 290 main since the reeds richen the main jet but the reeds lean the pilot so it kinda like bogs/farts when i give it gas starting from idle, my air screw are about  1.5 turns out and new idle screws are all the way in far as can go. im thinking its doing this from not enough gas but when i turn the screws in more the idle doesnt sound as nice and tuned as it should, and with my idle screws pulled out any it wont idle by itself without me giving it throttle.. should i go up a size in the pilot jet?

P.S.also i got my throttle close to being snappy as possible if i have it with too much play the bike will just start right up bog real quick and die out, my guess is from not enough gas b/c when i rev it high it sounds good braaap but when i low rev it slightly buurps

any support is appreciated, Thanks

Edited by WheelieDee

Did you file enough metal off the area the idle screws, screw in to? A 30 pilot should be sufficient for that engine. Probably need to file off more so you can raise the Idle. Then also turn in the air screws some.

• Like 1

Did you file enough metal off the area the idle screws, screw in to? A 30 pilot should be sufficient for that engine. Probably need to file off more so you can raise the Idle. Then also turn in the air screws some.

I filed more off idle screws, they still must be all the way in tight to run & my air screw is half turn out, this means I'm allowing as much fuel to go thru from my idle-1/8th throttle and that's the only spot where it bogs/farts, I'm thinking I need a bigger pilot? Any suggestions with ppl who have had this problem

In my experience If your idle screws have to be turned in all the way to make it idle then its usually too rich on the idle circuit or something in the mechanics of the idle screw is being disrupted (not enough filed off the carb body, wrong idle screws, improperly installed slides etc.)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...