OK so got a banshee because I wanted to build it from the case up. I have a few questions about a lot of little things. I'll upload picture with this. My case has some wear from the left side of the crank. The right side is perfectly fine. My main question about the cases is, will they need taken to a machine shop? If so I believe the guy that is doing my jugs can do this also? I've cleaned the cases almost as good as I can. And help for the case cleaning? Second, since I'm doing the entire motor I'm replacing the water pump spindal and bearings on that. Any notes to look for when ordering that? Most of the kits say hot rods kit. Does this matter? Or does it have to be a standard OEM kit? Because I can't find any. I'm also installing a new oversized radiator during this build. Along with new coolant lines. Anything else need done to have a completely new cooling system? I am also installing cool heads. Any tips on them? Or are they a bolt right on with no difference from the stock head? I believe the banshee blew up because they had on some funky air box boot on the left side. Which I am replacing both boots during this build. I also found that the idler washer and circlip had gone through the motor. I will be replacing them with OEM parts. Do I need a circlip tool to install? I am getting Wiseco pistons. I've done a top end rebuild on a banshee this is my first time splitting the cases. I am also replacing all the oil seal gaskets with a kit. Any advice on the rv you prefer to use? All advice is welcome. Thanks in advance!

First thing is buy a Clymers repair manual. Maybe a clue or two.

Your "machinist" should have the pistons on hand before he starts boreing. If he doesn't know this, might want to find one that does.

Without pics can presume case damage was from conrod that got loose. Won't hurt a thing.

Mull makes a good pump and shaft. New OEM is good also. If you can't find Banshee water pumps on the netz, you're worse than this caveman.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Yamaha+Banshee+water+pump

• Like 1

I have a manual. And yes he isn't doing all the work yet on the jugs. He's cleaning them then letting me know what size to order then when the pistons come in he's going to finish them. I'm sorry I thought I said I'm pretty much going back stock. I ordered a OEM Crank. I'm trying to go as stock as possible. It looks like it'll be 65.00 mm pistons. The left side of the crank housing has been beat up or scraped up from old crank or old metal that was in there. I've been trying to post some pictures but they say they are to big. I don't quite under stand number 3. In reference to the cool heads? I want to be able to bolt the right on like the OEM head on the OEM head bolts.

Sorry I just joined last night.

My tranny is still together besides the idler gear. I just have to out the drum and forks back together. What will need loctite? Besides the key for the fly wheel. And a couple main bolts. That's it right?

And the Crank is OEM so it should have the dowels.

The circlip for the idler. I may have to get a new idler gear because mine seems wore out and has play in it. Unless there is a bearing in the idler I can replace. Again this is my first iime splitting cases on a banshee. I'm replacing everything I see or think needs replaced.

Thanks for the help Gravel!