Transmission Problems

So one day i was riding and my banshee just kept shifting into neutral all the time. Like right after I put it in 1st she'll jump back in N before I could even pull off. So the next day i went riding again, then its like it got stuck in a high gear because every time i go to take off it boggs down. Then i notice it wouldn't shift down. So i take it aparr and the stopper lever is just laying there. Put it back on but when i try to shift up or down, the star wont spin all the way to the next gear. Does this mean transmission is bad?

Try taking the shift linkage off and spinning it by hand. If it doesn't move theres probably something wring with the shift forks. If you were slamming on it to try and shift with that broken stopper there is probably a good chance that the shift forks are bent or even broken. Like I said take the linkage off and try it by hand if it does't budge then its probably time to split the cases.