first time banshee owner questions.

Hello!

First post, first time banshee owner just traded for my scrambler thursday i have a few questions

1. took it out for a ride, runs good (i think) at low end / mid. but going up a hill (dunes or sand mountain) pushing the throttle in anything from 3/4 to WOT it bogs and fall flat on its face and i have to turn around

only thing other than stock is unifilters main jet is 200 (stock) and needle is 1 from the bottom. i know i need to go up on my main but how much? ride mostly at around 11,000 (little sahara, UT)

2. the chain was extremely loose, attempted to tighten but adjusters went out all the way and it was still very loose, took out a link and it was extremely tight. 

i bought a new quality chain and its better but still on the loose side. my upper and lower chain rollers are trashed, the upper is nearly gone, lower's bearings are grinding and worn as well.

if i replaced everything with something like the: Modquad chain slider/guide set or something similar, would that tighten up the chain significantly?

pictures are not working for some reason

wot bog (clean bog) would suggest lean. i would start with 220's with the aftermarket filters.

on the chain depending on sprocket setup you may have to go with a half link. you may try new rollers and see if that helps. i just use a chain tensioner to solve the typical chain issues.

• Like 1

One stock swinger you can remove some material from where the bottom bolt mounts, this will let the carrier move forward so you can run the chain you shortened. I had to shorten a chain to run a 13 tooth front and had to take about a 1/4"

i think i might try the Modquad Chain Slider/Guide Set and see what happens, if not then ill use my shortened chain, the ones on there are worn down to metal, so there's basically nothing left.

the other ones are just as good (bad) as this one

post-49470-0-06220200-1428268970_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mrtaterman