Check these pictures of ported cylinders

those are clean up at best.  exhaust port isnt wider than cast i'm pretty positive..  but ith out the cyliner in my hand hard to tell.

different "shops" port cubs different ways.  i have seen a lot with a really nice engraving on the side have a 5% wider exhaust and what looks like a bit bounced around in the ports and then called a "drag port"  

when i personally do a cub you can tell there is a lot of work done.  i reshape the boost ports, work on the entrance and overall pattern of the transfer tunnel check all ports to see if they are where they need to be and then work on the exhaust and exhaust tunnel a LOT.   but thats just me..   cubs are a LOT better as cast wise then the old cheeta castings.  sometimes the transfer's openings can be mis matched by as much as 8*.

Thanks for the honest reply camatv. I measured my old cub cylinders and you can see some work was done to the upper area of the intake in the cylinder area straight ahead and up from the reed valves. And the exhaust port is a little wider. But exhaust height hasmt been played around with any. Maybe his version of drag porting is just polishing up the exhaust ports

i dont raise the exhaust on a 421  its already at 198* and for most drag builds bikes thats plenty hi  when they first came out i rember a few "drag" cylinders with WAY to big main exhaust port setups  them fuckers would fall off the pipe like a fat chick out of a lifted truck..  wasnt pretty.

• Like 1

you can take a bit to the inside of a cub until you're blue in the face  reshaping entry bridges etc, but without a dyno you aint doing shit. worst beating i ever took was from a cylinder that looked like a chainsaw got lose in it. best override tranny i ever ran looked like the guy threw it in a wood chipper. looks isn't everything.

Pastry killer yes they are. If you advertise and show that's what the work will look like, then they better damm well look like that when you get them right.

It would be like ordering a new car and when it shows up there's a bunch of things that are missing and then the guy says too bad it is what it is

Edited by superfastyfz450driver