Need Help

New to the site and my Banshee and need help. I was riding my Banshee today and it started running like complete crap after a while and I have no idea what the issue is. It's a 99 according to the vin... I cleaned the carbs, TORS is gone, new spark plugs, 5N7 needle and 300 mains on a stock ported 4 Mil build at sea level running VP110. I recently bought the bike from someone that claims to have just rebuilt it. Checked the compression and its at 137 on each side and held it. My thoughts were either it needs a new coil, stator, or maybe just needs to be run on pump gas. Any suggestions would help. The video shows how it was running, mainly in high RPMs it would run like this. Down low its a bit laggy and mid its awesome but up top it seems to crap out...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brqrZQ8-9wk&feature=youtu.be

You always need to do a leakdown test to make sure you have no leaks. The intakes are notorious for leaking air. 93 octane will be fine in your motor.

The 300 main sounds borderline for a ported 4 mil. I would go up on main after no leaks are confirmed. Also check floats and adjust, could be running out of fuel up top. The lagging on bottom may be in the needle or air screw. Need to start out with needle in middle clip, air screw at 1.5 turns out from lightly seated all the way in. From here you will make adjustments. Need to know what pilot jets you have

Needle is at 3rd clip and pilot is at 1.5 turns out I'll have to check what I have for pilots I overlooked that. Floats should be good I adjusted them recently unless I completely edged up somehow. I'll do a leak down test and see what happens. Thanks for your response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That bike is not doing well on the 110. Premium should be fine in there granted it's not some monster exhaust port that is making your compression show low.

Definitely agree that your main is a bit small for sure. You should be like a 320+ I'd imagine. Any way you could post a pic of the spark plugs? I bet they're probably like a cinnamon grey after running that VP a little lean. If they are wet, you should begin to check electrical.

That bike is not doing well on the 110. Premium should be fine in there granted it's not some monster exhaust port that is making your compression show low.

Definitely agree that your main is a bit small for sure. You should be like a 320+ I'd imagine. Any way you could post a pic of the spark plugs? I bet they're probably like a cinnamon grey after running that VP a little lean. If they are wet, you should begin to check electrical.

I'll try switching to pump gas then. The plugs were about cinnamon color as you said, but they weren't wet. Ill be away for the next 2 weeks, but when i come back I plan to have a few different sets of jets waiting for me amongst other things. The guy I bought it off said it was drag ported, however I don't know how to tell the difference by looking. Thank you for your response.

• 3 weeks later...

Update, I was away for a few weeks training for work so this weekend was my first chance to mess with the banshee. I changed mains to 320's switched to pump gas and threw on some vforce 4's and it ran way better than before. Still had a misfire on the left cylinder, though. I swapped wires and the misfire followed the wire so I pulled the boot off to find the cap inside was partially melted and the rod inside that is supposed to contact the snap ring for the plug was broken and jingling around inside so that looks to be the issue. Buying some NGK caps tomorrow and should be up and running! Thank you all for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk