Time to start my build thread

In other news, I am back. I took a little break to do a few things, leave for a work trip and join an organization. 

Nothing really new to update; I got some black acorn style lug nuts. That's about it. 

As I said in my post above, today I worked with my DC Conversion and I am struggling. I floated my ground, routed my wire and connected it to my rectifier. I made a shitty temporary mount where the TORS box was mounted using a giant zip tie off of an H-60 tail rotor. I connected my negative (black, duh) wire to the switch harness's black wire and when I started the quad, I got a green LED from my rectifier. Then I hooked up my ground temporarily and spliced my positive DC wire into my yellow (positive?) lighting wire. I lost my LED and the lights didn't work. 

Can someone help me? I keep finding posts about DC converting with a battery. Everyone has been saying it's not necessary with LEDs, but nobody has done a write up or seems to even be able to give me some guidance.

• 4 weeks later...

FINALLY figured out my DC conversion. Turns out I had some wires backwards because my regulator/rectifier had different color wires than every DC conversion write up on the forums.

With that being said, I got a replacement LED pod for the one I burned up on AC. unfortunately they were a little different (?) so I just swapped the covers on the sides and installed the one. They work!99b4e4b40ae666edfc519a801c942dc4.jpg I'll take a video at night sometime soon.

f5a5fbff9c210890f3262b1ca9c42177.jpgSo this is how she sits for now. I got some black acorn style lug nuts, and I still need to put the seat cover on, and I have a new chain on the way. That'll be it for now. My wedding is coming up so I gotta save some cash for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk