Time to start my build thread

Man, today is one of those days. Nothing went right on the shee. I went to put my cool head on, and learned the hard way that I need longer studs. I asked the seller if I needed studs and he said no, so that's irritating.

Then I changed my gas tank petcock and found that it's got some strange fitment. Not sure if it's for another Yamaha or what, but my fuel line is too big for it. So I put the old one back on for now.

Then I went to repack my silencers, and broke my fucking snap ring pliers, so I can't get the snap ring back on now...

Then stripped a couple screws for the plastics somehow.

Fuck it for the day.

On a better note, I needed a beer, and had a wall mount bottle opener, so I decided to throw it on the shee for fun. Might take it off. Who knows. 3dd073d95414e6bc22547e937aad7064.jpg2f96a045f6c9164fef9829382dedc00d.jpg4590fdbbc9dbaa536e9936fb5871a29d.jpg

Back together for now. Just need a seat cover for the rest of the season.

Sent from my Toy Hauler at Glamis

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks man. I am awful with rattle cans, so I was real hesitant to do it but I'm satisfied. I figured polyurethane would hold up too.

Today I dropped my shee off at my dad's weld shop to fix the cracks I found. Nothing else too exciting to report. I blew out a head light running AC so I'm going to get hot on the DC mod. The ebay seller was nice enough to send me a new light as a warranted item.

I also ordered a black seat cover. Again, nothing too exciting.

Sent from my Toy Hauler at Glamis

• 3 weeks later...

Gusto, sorry for the long delay in response. I've been away on business. I just ordered a rectifier and will be doing the mod shortly.

No pics this update, but I did get my seat cover in and it's just waiting to be installed. I also purchased some jugs on the BHQ Facebook page that are ported for a 4 mil. They will probably sit on my shelf for a while until I can afford to have them bored, get new Pistons and a 4 mil crank, but I am excited. I didn't think it was too bad of a deal at $170 shipped. Hopefully you all will agree. Super excited to go 4 mil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Okay so I'm sitting on the floor in my garage right now trying to float my ground on my stock stator. I finally figured out which wire to unsolder on the stator, but which wire on my eBay universal rectifier do I solder to the stator?

Beyond that, what do I do here? Man, I have searched and read other threads and this shit is still kicking my ass.

I'm a helicopter mechanic and that shit is easy. This is killing me. Haha so sad.

I thought you didn't need to float the ground if your not going with the battery set up? I thought you could still use stock AC power and just wire in that rectifier to "clean up" the current for the LED lights?

Ask zillafreak I think he's done it

vrx46, Thank you for the kind words. I have ran the tires already and was worried I wouldn't like them, but they run great. You won't be disappointed.

gusto, I have been on the BHQ Facebook page more nowadays than the forum so I've been talking a lot with people there. One guy told me that I could use a bridge rectifier, which I think is what you are referring to. In my case, I purchased a universal regulator rectifier. I have it all figured out now, I just haven't had the time to tear the quad down enough to where i can chase the harness through the whole frame and set it up. I just hope I don't ruin anything in the process.

So far, yes. I haven't touched it in a while so now I'm messing with it. I've got the ground floated, my rectifier ground mounted and negative wire soldered to the negative on the harness. But now I am having trouble placing the positive.

More to follow from Jeff's house of hacked harnesses.