2002 Banshee Woodruff/Stator Key

887ru

I Have a 2002 Banshee .20 Over, 35 mm carbs, Stage IV Cool Head, Dmc 916's, Ect... I Was Riding at 40 mph and the bike just died. I tried restarting with no luck Kick & Roll. It sounds like it's just pushing gas. I Checked Plug and it's wet but no spark.. Changed coil, cdi and Gas. Still No Spark :( Does anyone have Woodruff key installation instructions?

Puller will be reverse threaded as well. Make sure the threads on the puller and flywheel are clean. A dab of oil is nice as well.

When it all goes together, set the pick up gap to about .015 thou, you can file the nubs just a touch if they are nasty and uneven.

Here's what I do. BUY A NEW KEY.

take the key and lay it on a flat surface. Give it a good whack with a hammer and center punch low on the "curve" making a good dimple. CAREFULLY tap it into the crank then install flywheel. Key won't fall the fuck out and you can sleep good knowing that the key is where it's supposed to be.

Here's what I do. BUY A NEW KEY.

take the key and lay it on a flat surface. Give it a good whack with a hammer and center punch low on the "curve" making a good dimple. CAREFULLY tap it into the crank then install flywheel. Key won't fall the fuck out and you can sleep good knowing that the key is where it's supposed to be.

Have a pic of this dimple. Because I usually just slide the flywheel on and off 300 times before I think I might have it.

Have a pic of this dimple. Because I usually just slide the flywheel on and off 300 times before I think I might have it.

I doubt it. I always toss them and start new. But when you center punch them it makes a very slight "raised" spot around the hole. It makes it very easy to lightly tap it in the crank and hold it right where you want it.

The last OEM key I bought already had a small dimple on it.

I had to lightly tap it in the slot and it stayed nicely.

Remember the top of the key (flat) should be level with the floor, not parallel to the crank taper.

I'm not sure if they always had that and I'm just dumb and missed it, or wtf the story is there. But the last batch I bought were dimpled right out of the package as well.