Jd a-arms MX width?

Sheedawg28

What's the point in spending another 6-7 hundred dollars on arms that have the same adjustability and put the quad out the same amount of inches as others and forward some with the same if not better adjustability as others. If Houser made the MGC arms for the banshee I'd be buying those bc of the ease of adustability. Also you can't beat lifetime warrantee on lonestar or JD.

Pm lastnline75 and ask his opinon

Laeger have him pitch into this thread as to why.

They both use the same 4130 material and spacers to set caster. Their camber is both adjustable by screwing in or out the joint and obviously toe adjustment through the tie rods. Only difference being the design of them and the roll uses a bolt to get accurate caster and camber whereas the JD uses spacers of the same dimensions depending on the type of riding your doing and roll uses different ball joints and in areas that the JD doesn't but what they use on them are both replaceable and upgrade able on the JD arms if you chose to do so but the roll doesn't provide the extra ground clearance the JD arms do. So really I don't see why I'd spend the extra money on those.

The main advantage the Roll Design arms have over the other a arm makers is the ball joint design and the use of needle bearings instead of bushings for the lower mounts. The caster on the Roll arms is adjusted with the heim joints on the upper arms not spacers. The tie rods are stainless steel and the heim joints on the upper joints are top quality. I was lucky enough to get a pair used for far less than what they cost new. Not sure I would pay the price for new one's but they are nice!

Bansheekx it says on rolls website that they use high misalignment spacers to adjust caster and camber so you must have the old version. And like I said you can upgrade the to needle bearings on the JD arms and for $65 might I add. The tie rods are chromoly which a lot will argue that they are stronger than SS so it all depends on which type of SS is used on those rods.

Tricked: I wouldn't know as I've only used walsh arms in the past and I can tell you those are awesome arms which held up to the abuse but I'm looking for other alternatives that are cheaper which use the same materials to build and lifetime warrantee that these companies are offering are unbeatable. Bump steer has a lot to do with how you set them up. You can do a quick google search and a variety of quads come up.

• Like 1

I will shed some light. 48" max is what I've found best to work and turn properly. If you go +3+1 like I did your to wide wide w a 3/2 off set factory wheel or most wheels people are selling. You need a 4/1 offset wheel or it bump steers and pushes horrible in corners. If I did it again I would go +2+1 for ease of having more then one set of wheels. Fireball has done me right with killer set up for years and replaceable rebuild able ball joints. They have lasted over 2 season of abuse without replacement. Most others use comst12 ball joints which once a year would need replacing actually everytime I jiggled a wheel one would be deteriorating . Best deal on the market Fire ball long travel arms.

I ran JD arms on my old KFX... nothing fancy of a arm... solid reliable.. adjustable... comparable to other arms in its price range...

Im not a fan of the "straight" arms anymore though... gullwing is where its at

Can't go wrong with the JD arms the owner/builder used to work for Laeger for years so your essentially getting Laeger arms at a steal price.

Neither am I but never had lonestar arms so I figured I'd differentiate the two banshees with their LT arms. Houser makes a knarly design for their MGC arms with a awesome looking arc I wish they had some for the banshee.

I will shed some light. 48" max is what I've found best to work and turn properly. If you go +3+1 like I did your to wide wide w a 3/2 off set factory wheel or most wheels people are selling. You need a 4/1 offset wheel or it bump steers and pushes horrible in corners. If I did it again I would go +2+1 for ease of having more then one set of wheels. Fireball has done me right with killer set up for years and replaceable rebuild able ball joints. They have lasted over 2 season of abuse without replacement. Most others use comst12 ball joints which once a year would need replacing actually everytime I jiggled a wheel one would be deteriorating . Best deal on the market Fire ball long travel arms.

So I'm guessing you've tried out both set ups? I got the +2+1 on the lonestars and was going to do +3+1 with the JD arms but if your saying you've had both and have plenty of experience I'll stick with what is know to work so please let me know before I order. I was planning on getting 4/1 wheels in the front if I went with the +3..but your saying to stick with +2 and stock wheel offset at 3/2 right? I would go with fireball but like I said in other replies posts im looking for a MGC arm which JD has available.