tz and max load bearings

Joejr915

should be clip bearing on the clutch side. just send it back and get one with a clip. they make the groove when they make the bearing. only time you might want to machine a groove is if you were using tz style on both ends then you may want to use a clip bearing in the center but you would cut a groove in the case not the bearing. this situation doesnt pertain to you however

Edited by registered user

A TZ can be used, but it is only really useful when the application calls for a high radial load. The downside to a cylindrical bearing, such as a TZ, is that it is not capable of withstanding the perpendicular load that a ball bearing can withstand (some bearings have tapered cylinders to accommodate a perpendicular load). Many people who use a TZ also use straight cut gears, for the stock angled gears can put a perpendicular load on the TZ bearing which could lead to premature failure (especially if the races are out of line).

A max load bearing is a better choice unless the engine's power is high enough to warrant the use of a TZ bearing.

I was told by the person I got them off maxload don't have grooves for clips. They are use on the stator side only I need a tz bearing for the clutch side.

maxload (deep groove ballbearing) can be purchased with or without a clip. tz (cylindrical roller bearing) can also be purchased with or without a clip, along with numerous different cage materials. theres quite a few different companies that make these bearings depending on what brand you prefer. if theres no name on your bearings then their junk from china

Edited by registered user