What size Mikunis for a Cheetah 421, 4mil, PV with no porting?

noWheels

Hey everyone first of all, awesome site! I have a Cheetah 421 4mil pv with no porting vforce3 reeds trinity head with 22cc domes and FMF Gnarlys with old but freshly repacked powercores, 200watt stator and PJ 34's. Looking to get some Mikunis but don't know much about them or what size to get, anyone have any suggestions? Any help would be awesome! 

I didn't get a chance to dig the old mikuni's out, but here is a quick over view with a size diagram for the PWK's and TM's.

TM: http://www.sudco.com/Diagrams123/exptm.gif

PWK: http://www.sudco.com/Diagrams123/exppwk.gif

Remember, you may wanna put some Billit bowls on whichever carb you choose as well. So that is gonna take up room.

Edited by trickedcarbine

• 4 months later...

Hey everyone first of all, awesome site! I have a Cheetah 421 4mil pv with no porting vforce3 reeds trinity head with 22cc domes and FMF Gnarlys with old but freshly repacked powercores, 200watt stator and PJ 34's. Looking to get some Mikunis but don't know much about them or what size to get, anyone have any suggestions? Any help would be awesome!

What did u end up with the jetting for does tm38? If u took them

^^^You're a determined man huh.

Sent from your mammy house

Hahahha stop stalking me :D the reason for this is for me to get stuff from america shipped to morocco is more expensive, for me to get keihins which are what everybody uses is gonna be like 450$including shipping and once they get to morocoo i have to pay an extra 20% tax so thats why im researching if its possible to run the tms which are cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...

I wound up finding 3 vm36's from a sled, think it was a 600 triple skidoo. I've been having some problems with low end so I did some research and fell WAY DOWN the rabbit hole man!!! I didn't realize there was going to be a difference with ALL the jets. But anyway my jetting is as follows, main 240, pilot 35, jet needle 6DEY4, needle jet 286-P-0. I haven't been able to find the #'s on the needle valve set but I'm guessing its not what I want and last but not least the air jet wasn't in any of the carbs. Any info on other jetting for this set up would be greatly appreciated.

I wound up finding 3 vm36's from a sled, think it was a 600 triple skidoo. I've been having some problems with low end so I did some research and fell WAY DOWN the rabbit hole man!!! I didn't realize there was going to be a difference with ALL the jets. But anyway my jetting is as follows, main 240, pilot 35, jet needle 6DEY4, needle jet 286-P-0. I haven't been able to find the #'s on the needle valve set but I'm guessing its not what I want and last but not least the air jet wasn't in any of the carbs. Any info on other jetting for this set up would be greatly appreciated.

Ditch carbs, buy Keihin's ....ride.

Also ditch "200w" stator if it's a ricky.

• Like 1

Definitely gonna agree that you should be running something different. If you must Use Mikunis, TM or maybe TMX. But there aren't gonna be many folks who have ran that so you may be alone figuring out Jetting. Judging by your post, you don't sound the most comfortable with that.

Keihin PWK's or maybe some lectrons.

Not to mention the fact sleds have fuel pumps and Bangshee is gravity fed, so you may need float needle valves, maybe even seats