CPI or Shearers small or big bore for my setup? Opinions please

mvvette97

Hey guys I would like to buy some better pipes for my banshee. I really only ride it for straight drags and will most likely take it to the dunes once a year. It's a 4mil stroker with stock jugs with .040 over and drag ported and 20cc heads and running a set of pwk 35s. i currently have the PT high revs and I do like them if and when I take it down on the trails but would like something better on the top end. I hear alot of talk about CPI and  shearers but what's with the small and big bore pipes? Does one size work better with certain mods than the other?

Hey guys I would like to buy some better pipes for my banshee. I really only ride it for straight drags and will most likely take it to the dunes once a year. It's a 4mil stroker with stock jugs with .040 over and drag ported and 20cc heads and running a set of pwk 35s. i currently have the PT high revs and I do like them if and when I take it down on the trails but would like something better on the top end. I hear alot of talk about CPI and shearers but what's with the small and big bore pipes? Does one size work better with certain mods than the other?

Man, lots of SB/BB stuff lately. I'd bet with your combo small bores would be best if you're actually dragging at a track. If it's just play riding and hot lapping, you may be in BB territory, but on that combo it's doubtful. Maybe BB CPI.

Edited by trickedcarbine

Man, lots of SB/BB stuff lately. I'd bet with your combo small bores would be best if you're actually dragging at a track. If it's just play riding and hot lapping, you may be in BB territory, but on that combo it's doubtful. Maybe BB CPI.

yea thanks for your reply man. I have been searching on here for an hr trying to find info between small bore and big bore but haven't found alot of useful info. I even read a thread where a guy said the bike would hardly run with big bores on a stock jug engine even if the jugs were bored

yea thanks for your reply man. I have been searching on here for an hr trying to find info between small bore and big bore but haven't found alot of useful info. I even read a thread where a guy said the bike would hardly run with big bores on a stock jug engine even if the jugs were bored

It'll definitely run, just down on power by 10ish hp