rjayb

JD's motor is pretty impressive as well.  It's not going to matter on the track if it falls on it's face at 8500.  Shit and get and everything up front is exactly what I'll be looking for.

DDQ, what are you guys looking to improve on?  Any experience with the SLP pipes?  Do you run the 2 into 1 for simplicity or are they inherently better for a trail/mx?   Interested to see the results.

Gusto, I take it you're running a set? 

Surfrjag thinks he can improve upon his already awesome work so I'm going to let him have at it some more. The two into one intake for me is about tuning fast in between motos and not having to mess with syncing two carbs. It also saves weight and the single throttle cable is easier on my thumb.

I do not believe there is any performance benefit of a single intake over dual though.

I had never even heard of SLP pipes until this thread.

I figured it was simplicity.  That's most likely the way I'll go.

Be ready for 385896 people to tell you not to. Lots of single carb haters on here. 

Haha.  Out of those 385896, I wonder how many have actually ridden a moto.

No not mine and I actually don't own any...yet. I talked to cam who built my engine and he talked me into cpi for my current bike which is a fire road dune style. My FT ice bike will be SLP pipes under the recommendation of camatv who has tested them.

My powder coated here in Edmonton runs SLP on his stock cyl and stock stroke on hill climbs and he is fast! And his bike has half the mods as the guys he runs with. Also, he has been real happy with build quAlity, fit finish, and silencers. Hopefully camatv signs in, I know he has tested them along with redline

• 3 weeks later...

yup  slp are excellent. i put them on a powervalved 400 trex.  it had the best roll on power i have ever ridden.  yea it fell off hard on top but we didnt build the bike to race.  funny thing was it ran right with or beat my wife's 350 at times.  just a completely differnt animal  kinda wish i would have worked with them more before selling thme.  we put them on that bike just to see how it reacted. and never took them off.  i'd love to build a 350cc stock motor ported to them.

on that note and about the KTm engine.  i have a yfz450 chassis that i so far plan to put a ktm 300 exc 2stroke into.  he ktm's design is amazing as far as pv setup and overall build of the 2 stroke goes.  really wish i had the $$$ to have rebuilt the ktm 380 i had instead of parting it out.