I know this topic has been covered in other threads.  I've used the search function.  A lot of them are fairly old 2007, 2008 and most of them turn into a bunch of 10 paragraph posts from guys arguing about who's a bigger idiot.  In addition, there seems like a lot more sponsors dealing with frame mods and manufacturing than when those posts were current.  I have an 05 YFZ set up for dirt and a serval banshee set up for sand.  Recently more and more of the tracks in my area have opened up their gates to quads for practice and racing.  They just opened up a giant indoor arena track 5 minutes from my house that runs 7 days a week.  Riding MX was the gateway drug that got me into this whole ATV addiction and I find myself wanting to get back into riding tracks.  I'm almost 6'5" and both my machines have +1+1 stems, high rise mx bars, wider a arms, taller seats, and custom relocated foot pegs.  With those mods, my banshee is the only sport ATV I've ever ridden that I actually felt comfortable and stable in the air.  I don't think there is a whole lot more I can do to my YZF to eliminate the monkey humping a giant steel and plastic football feeling.  I've taken the Shee out there but the frame geometry is a complete turd when it comes to cornering and has no chance of hanging with the modern 4 strokes. Doing a banshee frame with 250r or newer TRX or YFZ front suspension and rear link appears to be the only way I'm going to get something that feels comfortable and will also handle well enough to be competitive on the track.  I know Lonestar and Laeger offer this setup but are there any sponsors doing this or any other ways to do a build like this.  I'm going to talk to Laegereliminator about his setup but just curious if anyone else has some different or more current experience doing this.  Thanks

Not following you Tyler.  I wouldn't be buying a used YFZ or TRX.  I have a fully setup MX YFZ and don't think there is anything more I can do to get it even remotely as comfortable as my banshee.  The Laeger and Lonestar routes are the only solutions I know of.  Just curious if anyone else had some other ideas.  I can't shrink, so my only option is to build something that fits.

The LSR frame looks like it's about 2,300.   In comparison, what's the average cost of the drag frames you guys run?  That doesn't seem horrible. I guess I'm probably going to need that $50 back from my membership.

• Like 1

I thought that was pretty low but I found a fairly recent post on another forum and a guy said just the frame with 250 geo set him back 23 and some change.  I know the laeger roller is about 7,500.

Chassis are expensive. Just a regular hybrid drag chassis that uses the OEM motor cradle run about $2,000. Full chromoly start at $3,200 and it goes on up from there.

If you're dead set on a LSR or Laeger I think you'd be way better off buying a whole chassis. I'm pretty sure camatv here on BansheeHQ has one of the two and I bet he'd sell it.

Doesn't the leager one come with the protrax front end though? Along with a swinger an steering stem? Not sure about lonestar.

Yes to your Laegers statement.

The Laeger's setup will also include wave front rotors built to match the protrax spindles as well as the axle bearing carrier.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I agree finding a complete setup would be the way to go.  Finding a seller is going to be the challenge.  I'll drop Camatv a message and see if he has an outlaw or a laeger he's looking to get rid of.  Thanks for the lead Tyler.  I know it's not going to be cheap but it would be a bike I'd keep as long as I can get my leg over it.  Guys spend ungodly amounts of money on here to build something that goes 300' in a straight line.  Building something you can competitively race on an MX/SX or arena cross track doesn't seem that crazy to me.

DDQ,  I have the +1+1 with a anti-vibe which makes it in reality about a +2.25 as well.  I run the Wydham style MX bars on both machines.  I would consider them a fairly high rise compared to most bends.  I'm already pretty deep in suspension on both bikes.  Banshee has three way adj. Elka's up fromt with +2+1 arms and my rear is a rebuildable OEM that has been respringed and revalved.  There is no issue with jumping, whoops, or any of the straight approach elements.  I can suck it up till I pop a vein in my forehead and that isn't going to help much in a 180 degree flat corner.  Any sponsors other than Stellar that might be useful to talk with.  Arlo, H.O.D.  reinforced my current frame.  I'll ask him as well but I don't see him wanting to take something like this on.