Stripped footpeg insert in frame Help!

Green95LX

Hold the presses, i found an error. On the two rear inserts, go ahead and extended that ,.375 step out to .500. I dropped my inserts in today and that step isn't long enough.

the rears are hollow all the way through, i already did this with mine thats how i know just go deep enough for the bolt if you can weld it will hold just put a full bead around the whole bung, dont get the frame to hot or cool to quickly, dont quench them after welding

Hold the presses, i found an error. On the two rear inserts, go ahead and extended that ,.375 step out to .500. I dropped my inserts in today and that step isn't long enough.

I'm no draftsman, thats for sure. These should help some, if not ill do my best to explain.

The first two are the front mounts

The third one is the rear and they are the same both sides

The only critical diameter is the 1.040 step and that is so it will fit inside the tubing back there, I picked .375 out of thin air along with the .800 diameter and it's .625 length.

image002.jpg

image001.jpg

the rears are hollow all the way through, i already did this with mine thats how i know just go deep enough for the bolt if you can weld it will hold just put a full bead around the whole bung, dont get the frame to hot or cool to quickly, dont quench them after welding

Yes, the 1.040 dia step was mainly to locate and center it up.

Yes, the 1.040 dia step was mainly to locate and center it up.

oh ok , mine had 1 in i the front, so i used a foot peg, and tacked the rear in in place , i didnt use lips on mine i slid them in had some sticking out like factory and put a bead all the way around, just trying to help other riders its way easier to buy them from bung king from machine working point , saved time and energy

hope everyone is kool with that

oh ok , mine had 1 in i the front, so i used a foot peg, and tacked the rear in in place , i didnt use lips on mine i slid them in had some sticking out like factory and put a bead all the way around, just trying to help other riders its way easier to buy them from bung king from machine working point , saved time and energy

hope everyone is kool with that

To each their own, whatever works i cant take away from that. I spent under 5$ for the material and got paid while i made them.