What to do while in the bottom end?

i ran me shee without oil for about 2 miles DOH!  :flush:  i plan on replacing gaskets and all bearings if nothing else looks like it needs attention. But i figure while im in the bottom end i want to make sure ill never have to split the cases again while i own my shee. What do you guys recommend without breaking the bank? im mainly looking to never have to split the cases again but is there anything that has got a good bang for the buck while im into it? all input is welcome :)

well no oil means your rod bearings could of gotten some heat.. id look into getting the crank inspected... if its the original crank throwing in a new one can never hurt... esp if you plan on putting new bearings on it... already half the price of a new one when doing so...

2-1 pipes can be solid for trails but does rob peak ponies...

IMO... if you ran with no oil, got no clue what the previous owner did.... send the cyls out to get honed or bored if needed and throw in some new pistons... don't fuck around with a old crank esp if you want it to last a long time after this... go new.. don't patch shit with "rings"

^^ This. Get a good hotrod trued and welded crank, wisco pistons and while it's all apart, take a look at your tranny, shift forks, etc and also check out your water pump

Ya what ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ask?

Lol no tranny oil and the previous owner claims it was a 30 hour old rebuild from crank up. It makes a weird ass screeching/ grinding noise when I start it. It almost sounds like a dieing cat.

I can't afford to have the head honed unless it's relatively cheap. I'm working at Wendy's and I'm 17 I'm lucky enough to find a guy to split the cases for a case of natty light lol thank god for friends

I didn't have the cover off while I made that video. Yes it was in nuetral. I did however start the bike with the flywheel cover off and nothing looked like it was out of whack the sound seemed to becomming from inside the cases in the rear of the motor. But what would you do first if it was your bike before splitting the cases?