PJ to PWK

marmenta

Currently running a 4mil with a single carb (2 into 1). It has a PJ on it with a 184 main jet. Clip is on the second to richest. Carb leaks horribly and I think I can get more out of this motor.

I am thinking of switching to a 38mm PWK. Is this a good idea? What size main jet should I use?

4 Mill stock cylinder or cub? Go back to stock carbs either way but unless you have a large motor you will be just fine with 35 carbs

4 Mill stock cylinder or cub? Go back to stock carbs either way but unless you have a large motor you will be just fine with 35 carbs

4 mill stock cylinders with a cool head. It has been ported but I have no idea what type of job was done. I bought the cylinders years ago from some guy parting out a bike. Compressions is 165. I run 110 octane. t-6 pipes

What would be the advantages to going back to two carbs?

Should I go with the PWK airstrykers? or just a standard PWK? Whats the difference between the two?

Go with standard PWK carbs. Your bike will run better from top to bottom as far as I am concerned. 

Well I guess if your running a 2into1 your not concerned about top end on this beast. Is it a ported 4 mill or is it one of those spacer plate racers?

It is just a dune bike. I rarely drag race. The mid and low end are amazing and it still holds its own if I do want to drag. It has been ported and is not "spacer plate racer". haha

a PWK38 would be around a 160-170 main and a 65 pilot.

thank you very much. this is exactly what I needed. A buddy of mine has a set I am going to try.