All Fluids

greelynick

hello i just bought a banshee tonight and im new to everything. i wanted to do a complete fluid change on the entire quad and i mean every fluid. if somebody could please fill me in on all the types of fluids on the quad, and what brands and types are the best to use. i also wanted to know which mixing ratio was the best to use for my gas, and which 2 stroke oil is best to mix with my gas.

You just opened a can of worms, I'll start off by what I'll be running in mine.

Redline 2cycle oil for the fuel. 32:1

ATF +4 for the transmission

Engine Ice for the coolant

Dot 4 for the brakes.

Yamaha says to use castor oil for the fuel, atv 10w30 for wet clutches in the trans and 50/50 antifreeze and dot 4 for the brakes.

You're going to get a different answer from everyone, if you use ATF in the trans you need to change it more often. But oh well.

I just got my banshee 2 weeks ago and I've already got myself knee deep in a top end rebuild and learning to fine tune carbs.

• Like 1

Yep everyones diff.

You can run any type of trans oil you want for wet clutch. I went to gear saver because i didnt like how type f needed to be changed so fast. But it works. Personally if your not just drag racing i dont see the point. I run 36:1 golden spectral. Its been run in my family's bikes for over 20 years. But again there's other oils .