Abe

LCW

Two months later....I understand both sides of this which are apparent but .030" Probably isn't going to be noticed by eye when pulling a part to sell it. Buying used part usually results in receiving used parts. You obviously received it, visually inspected it and it obviously looked good to you prior to measuring it. 2 months after the fact I don't believe needs to result in a "bad seller" section. He seemed to be respectful in his response and answered you back. If it's in fact a lsr, contact them and they will straighten it under warranty and you're good to go!

• Like 1

If .030" is going to cause "premature bearing wear" I'd hate to see what out of round tires might do to a carrier.

Also, you didn't check the axle in V Blocks. That's the only accurate way to do it. Why be so worried about .030" , but then not check it accurately? Your carrier bearings, even if brand new, could allow that much movement.

Edit: for the record, I wouldn't want a bent axle either, I sympathize for you in that regard. But if I buy a used part that passes visual inspection, that's all I expect of a seller. (Example: crankshaft looks, sounds good, but ends up out of true)

Wow, you people seriously amaze the hell out of me. If it were any of you, you would be raising hell about it too. Deal is that it was said to be straight and it's not. Pretty sure lsr only warranties it to the original buyer. Talk all the shit you want, I still have the packaging it came on from him. It never left the bench until a couple days ago.

I expect to get a part that is as described by the seller whether it is new or used. Two months later or not, it didn't get bent this bad in shipping and it sure as hell didn't get bent on the bench. I see that the thread has been moved. This site is nothing but politics. This situation would be totally different if I sold the axle to Abe.