JDS Customs phone number no more!

87sheerips

Jesus. We still in biz 100% got a new phone from work but don't wanna use it for JDS calls. Getting a landline at home for JDS and will have the number Monday. Email ftw anyways. Thanks for the support fellas, I'll be here for years to come.

• Like 3

One of three people in the country with a land line. Phone company prob jumped all over that shit.

I'll one up you. I just found out my parents were still paying for AOL up until last month. Yup. America online. The you've got mail thing. My parents must of been sending a check to some fucking guy in his under every month.

I've been trying to get in touch with jds for a week calling and email but no answer back on either. The end of this week will be a month ago when I ordered a swingarm from him. Does anybody know how to reach him?

Is it even possible to conduct business anymore with only a land line?

Yes sir.  I almost always let cell calls go to voicemail. 

I do however return voicemails, but most of them are not needed.

For as much as I physicaly talk to customers on the phone, I can return calls from home.

Email are key anyways, so everything is in writing.

My business is run thru email for custom orders, everything is automated on the site.

Land line is happening primarily to get our SCI security system back online.

Also, with a work supplied phone I want to limit my personal use.  They are saving me a good amount of money per month so I want to respect that.

Thank you for your concern(s) Good day blokes :)

I like how JD seems to have level headed responses.

I am fairly certain that he is doing his best to navigate all of the surprises that running your own business can throw at you while trying to keep his customers taken care of while also trying to maintain his own sanity.

Until you have been in the trenches of owning your own show, very few can grasp how it goes at times.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes sir. I almost always let cell calls go to voicemail.

I do however return voicemails, but most of them are not needed.

For as much as I physicaly talk to customers on the phone, I can return calls from home.

Email are key anyways, so everything is in writing.

My business is run thru email for custom orders, everything is automated on the site.

Land line is happening primarily to get our SCI security system back online.

Also, with a work supplied phone I want to limit my personal use. They are saving me a good amount of money per month so I want to respect that.

Thank you for your concern(s) Good day blokes :)

What kind of a percentage do you think you could attribute to lost sales (if any) for not answering the phone? I can definitely sympathize with with what Erik is saying. I've not ran my own business but I have been in the service industry for quite some time. If the phones not ringing you're not making money. If you don't answer it I would think that there's probably a good amount of people that just move onto the next number and buy something else. Obviously this isn't your day job so you have to give the first guy your complete attention and I understand that. But when you started this business wasn't not a dream to be doing it at one point full-time?

I know for me regarding the phone, that can be a double edged sword.

I must rely on my cell and I don't use my landline much.

If I answered every phone call that I receive and properly reply to each one, I would literally spend my entire day talking to people and getting zero "work" done.

The first work day after we completed the big job for the 4th of July, I made over 70 phone calls just trying to catch up on the worst of what I was behind on. I could have easily made 200+ to have covered everyone of them correctly.

I am currently in the process of hiring an assistant manager to help me to take care of the stuff I can't and shouldn't have to so that I can better serve my clients and hopefully myself and family.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

In your line of business Eric I can see that making sense. And I'm not saying JDs approach doesn't make sense I'm just making conversation. I don't care either way cause it's not me but I'm just curious but that's never been looked into or anyone has thought about it? Especially in a new business.