Kick starter stuck/jammed up on me

MoronG

Ok I just bought a 2000 yamaha banshee my first banshee ..everything looked mint guy said he had it for a year an that the owner before him had it since new an he rebuilt it a year ago..he didn't know what he had done though so as far as I know it's stock..with pro circuit pipes..

Ok now I couldn't wait to ride this thing so I strapped it down on my truck an went to the beach..

NOW I know u shouldn't ride alone because I was riding around for about 5 mins all was good an then I decided to go rip down the beach shore ( wish I didn't ) I was riding for abit then I thought hey I better turn around ..turned around then the bike went for a bit then stalled clunked out on me I tried to start it up an the kick starter was jammed wouldn't kick down ...I couldn't believe it I had to push my brand new to me banshee for at least a k because my truck would sink if I tried to get it over to where I was riding..an to top it off the tide was coming in an the sun was going down..luckily I had a phone got help from my bro..now I got my banshee back it's got a stuck kick starter..now would anyone be able to help me figure out whats broken? Would this be top end? Bottom end or both? And I'm probably gonna take it to yamaha, how much would a top end or bottom end or both cost, an how long would it take to do as in labor..i know it's 2 stroke so I hear that makes it easier to work on idk? I can't sleep I bought this thing for 4k cash first ride an I'm pushing it back ..and it had coolant enough gas but I don't know about the tranny oil.. I know I should of at least checked it I had new oil for it but was too lazy to do it an couldn't wait so hopefully that has nothing to do with it.. Would anyone know what would cause this or any help would be appreciated

Ok I just bought a 2000 yamaha banshee my first banshee ..everything looked mint guy said he had it for a year an that the owner before him had it since new an he rebuilt it a year ago..he didn't know what he had done though so as far as I know it's stock..with pro circuit pipes..

Ok now I couldn't wait to ride this thing so I strapped it down on my truck an went to the beach..

NOW I know u shouldn't ride alone because I was riding around for about 5 mins all was good an then I decided to go rip down the beach shore ( wish I didn't ) I was riding for abit then I thought hey I better turn around ..turned around then the bike went for a bit then stalled clunked out on me I tried to start it up an the kick starter was jammed wouldn't kick down ...I couldn't believe it I had to push my brand new to me banshee for at least a k because my truck would sink if I tried to get it over to where I was riding..an to top it off the tide was coming in an the sun was going down..luckily I had a phone got help from my bro..now I got my banshee back it's got a stuck kick starter..now would anyone be able to help me figure out whats broken? Would this be top end? Bottom end or both? And I'm probably gonna take it to yamaha, how much would a top end or bottom end or both cost, an how long would it take to do as in labor..i know it's 2 stroke so I hear that makes it easier to work on idk? I can't sleep I bought this thing for 4k cash first ride an I'm pushing it back ..and it had coolant enough gas but I don't know about the tranny oil.. I know I should of at least checked it I had new oil for it but was too lazy to do it an couldn't wait so hopefully that has nothing to do with it.. Would anyone know what would cause this or any help would be appreciated

Sounds like a seized piston. Time to tear down and send the cylinders off to be fixed. Thing sounds toasted to me.  By the way did you use premix in your fuel? Not sure if you are familiar with the whole 2-stroke thing where you have to mix your fuel with oil. Anyways, this has happened to me just kind of stalled out and the kickstarter felt jammed. if you can bust it loose its a piston, if not its most likely rod bearing. Good luck. Tear it down buddy

This is like saying, "My stomach hurts. What do you think is the problem?" Indigestion or appendicitis.

Could be lots of things. Simplest thing would be that the stator bolts backed out and jammed against the flywheel. Next easiest would be that something fell apart inside the clutch cover and jammed in between the gears.

Now, the most likely scenario is that the crank seized up, which would mean a complete motor teardown. Usually if a piston seizes in the cylinder, it will crank over once it cools down. Still junk, but that's a symptom.

Pull the spark plugs out and see if they have grey specks on them, or if the ground strap is smashed. Then pull the exhaust and look up into the exhaust ports. See if the pistons look scored. If all that looks good, pull the stator cover and inspect. If that looks OK, buy a Clymer manual and pull the clutch cover and inspect. Do NOT start ripping into this thing without a manual.

No matter what you find or what route you take, DO A LEAKDOWN TEST BEFORE YOU PULL THE CYLINDERS"

You didn't pour straight gas into it, did you?

I live in newzealand.. Btw I have never done motor work of any kind so I wouldn't feel comfortable taking it apart so that why I thought the dealership and even if I could take the clutch cover off I wouldn't know if it how it should be or not .. I had premixed 20l of 2 stroke fuel but I didn't end up using any of it as it still had 2 stroke gas from the guy I bought off..so it was running on the right gas 40 .1....

If I had to tear it down how many hours in labour am I looking at paying an parts etc..I know nothing bout engines so I pretty much have to take it to the dealer but I'm guessing it's gonna cost me a arm an a leg that way but I don't know nothing bout motors so its the only way I can think of

I'm going to try get a manual I think I might try check the clutch cover thing..I hear banshees are easy to work on but really u think someone with no clue about engines could work on one? An yeah I was thinking about finding a local shop just hard to find a decent one..I have a z400 that needs fixing too an I know that's at least 6 hours labor splitting the case I hear? If it's anything like that on my banshee I will be in deep $$hit ..