Stock Frictions Swap With Dirt Bike Frictions?

^^^ Driveline Performance  :headbang:

Thanks. But there is a yamaha dirt bike that had bigger frictions.  If I knew the model or part # I can just order them from Yamaha.  Already did it once and it worked great. Just been so long I forgot.

Welcome to the website.  :D (Hold on to your hat this is about to get a little bumpy)  :evil:

A Yamaha dirt bike with bigger frictions? :whoa:  WOW you don't say……. :yank:

I wonder if YOU are the only one who knows about this trick.  :rolleyes: Doubtful since the entire Banshee world has used a set of FZR street bike fibers. (Far better than you 10 year old vintage dirt bike fibers)

Do you really think you weren't told the very best info just now? 

Do you really think your 10 year old idea hasn't been eclipsed by any manufacturer in the last 10 years?

Has is occurred to you that buying ANYTHING from Yamaha will cost you 4 times what it will for a TOP aftermarket part?

Has it even occurred to you that the reason your clutch lasted 10 years is NOT because it was so great…..but because your bike has so LITTLE done to it?

Did you read Trickedcarbine's profile? He LISTS the exact clutch he recommended to you! Read about his bikes mods….FAR MORE done to it than your bike.

I run that same clutch on a 65+ HP bike and it's lasted 5 hard seasons of endless dune drag racing and hundreds of hours of aggressive dirt riding and is still going strong, as well as in my 100+Hp full dune dragger.

So…….in closing let me just reiterate……Welcome to the site.

If you are here to ask a question, I'm sure everyone will be willing to lend a helpful answer.

If we are able to hit the nail on the head and answer specifically what you're looking for than all the better.

But since you can't reference a "Dirt bike" by either era/age/size/model and you can't remember what you did 10 years ago…..maybe you could stand to log on and LEARN some NEW TRICKS from some members here that might even put your old school tricks to shame.

NOTE: ALL the people involved with answers or comments in your post here (other than you) have well over 3,000-4,000 posts here…... You have 2.

Listening is a skill.  Good luck.  ;)

• Like 1

Thanks. But there is a yamaha dirt bike that had bigger frictions.  If I knew the model or part # I can just order them from Yamaha.  Already did it once and it worked great. Just been so long I forgot.

pssst... hey buddy wanna buy some DG pipes?....will make your junk run like a slightly pissed off ape

• Like 1

Just because I just got on this site doesn't mean I'm clueless.  Sorry I didn't want to peruse the site forever instead of just asking a simple question.  And why don't you let other people reply like human beings before you jump in like a rage monster.  Didn't know I joined a size comparison site. I don't need to be the fastest bike on the dunes with the best aftermarket parts.  Just want to ride the dunes with my friends like I've been doing for the past 20 years.  Thanks for your input though. 

BTW didn't know I needed to be so specific if people have heard of it before.  I bought a YZ490 clutch and the steels were right but the frictions were wrong.  Thought it was a YZ400 or a YZ490 but didn't know what year or which model.  I have a discount through Yamaha and prefer OEM.  I am sure others who have been posting for an OBLIVION would share the same sentiment.  Now I will crawl back in my hole because aparently my balls aren't big enough to be on this site.  PEACE!!!!.

The biggest OEM friction was the street bike FZR based stuff. Might have to research which year. If you MUST have OEM that's your best bet. But really the driveline stuff was built to be beef die then just about anything available. Their steels are way different then OEM but provide the amount of surface area that you need for bigger frictions.