what do u guys hink of herrs port jobs?

Damn dude it all makes sense now. I had a horrible experience with him also. He knew that he messed my shit up, but wouldn't stand behind his work. Ended up going with allen knowles at ct racing. My stock cylinder 4 mill made 77rwhp 40tq on stock carbs. I'm happy with it, plus he's less than 10 miles from my house. He even dyno tuned it and everything for free once it was broken in. If I were to do it all over again though, it would be redline. If I ever upgrade to a cub or serval, it will be Cameron at redline racing that will do it. Hjr was a definite miss for me. I don't recommend him.

you said you read about people saying Redline sucks ass so you rolled with CT

you said you read about people saying Redline sucks ass so you rolled with CT

I did read on the shoutbox that someone had problems with his transmissions, but that might have been a joke considering the place where it was said.

What was your problem with Kevin?

Kevin has become hit or miss lately. I'm assembling a motor he built and I'm dreading calling him asking him for specifics so I can get domes made up and figure out a base gasket.

I've had his motor once as my personal motor. Didn't run right. Chased jetting all over. Dome issue. Kevin offered ZERO help. Just said "keep jetting it your getting close" always a weird bog up top and not the pull a 4 mil should've had.

One was just done recently by a buddy. Sent Kevin a pic of the plugs asking for help. Kevin's help "plugs don't lie" nothing more.

He'll take your money and do everything you ask, then when it comes time for follow help he's useless. That's shitty business IMO as I've called almost all builders on the sponsor page and have gotten help from them. A few I haven't spent a dime with.

Kevin has become hit or miss lately. I'm assembling a motor he built and I'm dreading calling him asking him for specifics so I can get domes made up and figure out a base gasket.

I've had his motor once as my personal motor. Didn't run right. Chased jetting all over. Dome issue. Kevin offered ZERO help. Just said "keep jetting it your getting close" always a weird bog up top and not the pull a 4 mil should've had.

One was just done recently by a buddy. Sent Kevin a pic of the plugs asking for help. Kevin's help "plugs don't lie" nothing more.

He'll take your money and do everything you ask, then when it comes time for follow help he's useless. That's shitty business IMO as I've called almost all builders on the sponsor page and have gotten help from them. A few I haven't spent a dime with.

Pretty much what this guy said. The guy works too fast, and doesn't take the time to do it right. Cuts corners, not the way to build engines if you ask me. Drilling jets, not rebuilding the top end when it clearly needs one, he just puts everything together and sends it out hoping you won't catch the problem. Once I dropped off my bike to allen, the next day he told me what was wrong with it and what needed to be done to make it right. I went with the 4 mill stroker and the thing is running stronger than ever. Hjr is a hit or miss, I'm definitely not taking the risk. I'm glad some of you have had luck with him, It's your hard earned money.

I'm pretty disappointed to se all you guys saying this stuff about Kevin.

I will tell you right now, I had 2 motors built by him. A stock stroke, stock cylinder port job. That bike hauled the mail. It beat numerous other bikes with similar port jobs from other builders.

I have had a 4mil cub from him as well that ran snots to the door.

Gap your fucking plugs at .025", use a .020" base gasket and set your pickup gap correctly and stop blaming abuilder that ports aggressively for little mistakes by you putting your build together wrong.

I would put Kevins build (and PABansheeMatt's) builds up against anyones.

'Nuff said

Gap your fucking plugs at .025", use a .020" base gasket and set your pickup gap correctly and stop blaming abuilder that ports aggressively for little mistakes by you putting your build together wrong.

'Nuff said

So the text that I still saved to this day of him offering no help on my jetting issue is okay?

The builder that re did my motor saying, "here's your problem, these domes are cut all wrong for your motor." Is wrong?

The multiple calls to him asking for advise, and him turning around and asking me what jets I have, while he says "that should be close keep trying."

I spent well over 1200 with him for my motor and parts. So once he ports and ships te stuff out that's it? He dosent have to offer any advise?

.020 base gasket?! Are you fucking kidding? Do you even know what kind of port is done to the motor I'm assembling? That's something Kevin would say. "Just use .020" that'll be good enough". You clearly are just a nut swinger. Have you not noticed all the people sayin there having problems with him? This kid I'm doing for the motor got sucked into his 10 day turn around. Which I've heard a few story's about how he can pull that off. So If I had known he was gonna go to hjr I would have steered him clear of that after my whole ordeal.

On my personal bike, I did a lot. Let me tell you what I did because I couldn't get rid of the bog that Kevin couldn't help me with.

-new stator. Oem of course

-new flywheel. Oem

-new coil oem

-new caps ngk oem and parts unlimited

-new cdi oem

-new harness oem

-new tether

All my engine parts came from HJR. So I stupidly assumed after spending 1200 with the guy my parts would all work together. Clearly not. I went from lean to where the bike hanged revs, to rich where my plug gaps would bridge with all the fuel.

So Kevin can suck a dick. He's only in it for the money and dosent care about his customers or his work. You can direct him to this thread.

I normally don't bash people like this, but you have no clue what your talking about and Kevin is a useless guy with a porting tool. He's not a builder in my book.

• Like 3

So the text that I still saved to this day of him offering no help on my jetting issue is okay?

The builder that re did my motor saying, "here's your problem, these domes are cut all wrong for your motor." Is wrong?

The multiple calls to him asking for advise, and him turning around and asking me what jets I have, while he says "that should be close keep trying."

I spent well over 1200 with him for my motor and parts. So once he ports and ships te stuff out that's it? He dosent have to offer any advise?

.020 base gasket?! Are you fucking kidding? Do you even know what kind of port is done to the motor I'm assembling? That's something Kevin would say. "Just use .020" that'll be good enough". You clearly are just a nut swinger. Have you not noticed all the people sayin there having problems with him? This kid I'm doing for the motor got sucked into his 10 day turn around. Which I've heard a few story's about how he can pull that off. So If I had known he was gonna go to hjr I would have steered him clear of that after my whole ordeal.

On my personal bike, I did a lot. Let me tell you what I did because I couldn't get rid of the bog that Kevin couldn't help me with.

-new stator. Oem of course

-new flywheel. Oem

-new coil oem

-new caps ngk oem and parts unlimited

-new cdi oem

-new harness oem

-new tether

All my engine parts came from HJR. So I stupidly assumed after spending 1200 with the guy my parts would all work together. Clearly not. I went from lean to where the bike hanged revs, to rich where my plug gaps would bridge with all the fuel.

So Kevin can suck a dick. He's only in it for the money and dosent care about his customers or his work. You can direct him to this thread.

I normally don't bash people like this, but you have no clue what your talking about and Kevin is a useless guy with a porting tool. He's not a builder in my book.

I agree with what you have to say about Kevin. I called a few other builders and they all gave me a similar answer to what my problem was. At the end of the day, they were right. Kevin simply said "check timing" "change your premix ratio" "change your spark plugs" "keep playing with the jetting" "make sure your fuel is fresh", etc. circles, circles, circles. Not cool at all.

You went to a 4 mill with a different builder but what did Kevin due originally sycotic

Originally all I wanted was your stock stroke dune ported setup, shaved head, advanced timing. Your typical 65hp setup on stock carbs. I dropped off my bike at his garage, he said alright I'll have it done soon. I told him to check if I need a new top end and all of that, he calls me a couple of days later and says yeah you don't need a new top end, you're good. I was like ok. So the day comes up that I pick it up, he said I ported your cylinders, milled your head, advanced your timing to +4, I jetted your carbs with a 330 main, I didn't have the pilot jets so I drilled them out to a 28, and the needle is in the middle clip. To make a long ass story short, the cylinders wouldn't fire evenly and the thing had practically no low end power, my top end ended up being shot, also my timing was only at +2 not +4, the head wasn't even cut and rechambered correctly, wrong jetting. Just a lot of mistakes by this guy, also he wasn't willing to stand by his work, so I was like screw him I'm going somewhere else.