what do u guys hink of herrs port jobs?

Ive been a machinist/machine mechanic for 12 years.I build parts for machines that have been running since before ww2 and machines from england you cant even get parts for. Ive run c.n.c. manuals and screw machines. Even i know doing a port job based solely on macine experience is a BAD idea. Just because you know how to cut metal doesnt make you an engine builder. Theres a lot of engineering the pros have already worked out that your machinist buddy doesnt have a clue about. In my opinion if your gonna have your "BUDDY" do it just do like these guys said. Send one cylinder to one guy. The other one to another and get bottem end on on one. Top end on the other. Best of both worlds.

Hahahaha

Had my stock stroke stock cylinders ported and my friends stock cylinders 4mil done from herr jugs...stock stroke has about 60 tanks ran threw it ( Clarke 5.5 gallon tank) not one issue...changed pipes a month ago and took a look inside my cylinders threw exhaust port and you can still see the bore/ hone marks...Both run badass.. 4mil is a dune hillshooter port and stock cylinder is a dune play port

Edited by davidfence101

My experience with Kev was awful. He can port stock cylinders on the Banshee well. The problem is when he makes a mistake he tries to hide it. If you figure out how bad he stuck it too you, he will not take responsibility. Seems like forum members aren't quite licking his balls like they did when I posted "shops that don't stand behind their work" read his warranty disclaimer.

Damn dude it all makes sense now. I had a horrible experience with him also. He knew that he messed my shit up, but wouldn't stand behind his work. Ended up going with allen knowles at ct racing. My stock cylinder 4 mill made 77rwhp 40tq on stock carbs. I'm happy with it, plus he's less than 10 miles from my house. He even dyno tuned it and everything for free once it was broken in. If I were to do it all over again though, it would be redline. If I ever upgrade to a cub or serval, it will be Cameron at redline racing that will do it. Hjr was a definite miss for me. I don't recommend him. Edited by sycoticbanshee00