10mm Serval tuning help

I know Ryan that they did the testing on his 10mm serval just got a hold of a set of snipers in like 3 days. I tried to get a pair 3 months ago. called and called for about a week and a half with no answer or reply. 

I talked to Cam the night before Tyler posted the results of the 10mm serval and ended up going with one of the options i could get a hold of that he gave me.

Yeah, I know, but aren't Snipers hard to get ahold of, and expensive?

Is there any dyno info of a 4mil serval on Snipers.

IIRC, there's info on a 4mil Cub...

Ryan just got his set pretty quick, but I don't really know the availability.

Define expensive.. I think he paid $650 for bare ones. They are by far the best pipes for his motor. Why spend thousands on a motor to put pipes on it that don't work the best?

We haven't done any 4mm Servals but so far we've tested three 4mm Cubs and a 10mm Serval and all results were the same.

I know Ryan that they did the testing on his 10mm serval just got a hold of a set of snipers in like 3 days. I tried to get a pair 3 months ago. called and called for about a week and a half with no answer or reply. 

I talked to Cam the night before Tyler posted the results of the 10mm serval and ended up going with one of the options i could get a hold of that he gave me.

That's understandable.

GOAT is said to have dyno tested Shearer, CPI and Sniper at Dunetoys on his cast 421 this week, the results have not been posted yet!

Serval or Cub?

i got a ? as far as 10mil cranks are concearned is the cranks works billet pretty much the only option ? do you have to use the mattoon cases with that large of stroke ?

No, there are plenty of other companies building forged cranks out there. They all break. Pick one. No, you can run 10mm stroke in stock cases without going through the cases. I believe 14mm has to be welded up. When you go that big of a stroke I would always go billet cases. They will save you money in the event of a come apart.

Tyler any idea what the stutter at the top of the sniper pipes is here on this dyno chart that Cam did on Ryan's 10mm serval?

my 521 serval did the same thing. If i remembering right, the ports or whatever needed to be opened up a little more to get rid of that which would cause it needing to be replated.....i think. As mentioned, i wouldnt feel it. I also wasnt after numbers, only after low-mid tq(play power delivery).

• Like 1

Serval or Cub?

No, there are plenty of other companies building forged cranks out there. They all break. Pick one. No, you can run 10mm stroke in stock cases without going through the cases. I believe 14mm has to be welded up. When you go that big of a stroke I would always go billet cases. They will save you money in the event of a come apart.

i figured to make a solid 10mil would require a big wallet. answers my question why most everyone has 4mil. id like a 10 but not really wanting to dump that much cash. before you know it your refinacing the car and boat to build it up right

i figured to make a solid 10mil would require a big wallet. answers my question why most everyone has 4mil. id like a 10 but not really wanting to dump that much cash. before you know it your refinacing the car and boat to build it up right

My 10mm Cub and 10mm DM were both in stock cases. Anything bigger than 10mm and I'd go billet.

So I don't have any decent pics of my snipers with my pods but will get some tomorrow. 8" kn angled pods with outerwears. 35mm pwk Carbs on upp intakes, I have not had issues with the pipes burning the filters. As far as I can tell they are working out just fine. But like I said, I'll get you some pics tomorrow. Performance wise I can feel a huge huge difference in the run out with the snipers over the rockets I had. It revs out a lot longer and has way more power in the upper rpms. Down low I can't really feel the difference just when I really get on it. I have no regrets ditching the rockets for snipers. The rockets were actually burning my filters up, not the snipers lol

• Like 1