Just bought a Banshee, couple questions.

Hey all, new to the forums and just had a couple questions about my banshee which I just bought. The quad has an aftermarket airbox and filter on it and the previous owner has 1/4 inch tubing running from the carb and into the air box. I was told this was done so the carb could receive more air flow but after a bit of riding fuel from the carb will slowly fill the lines. I empty them after each ride but am curious as to what that's about. Also on my last ride I brought it back and it sat for about 5 minute when all of a sudden the radiator gushed out a bunch of coolant, at first I thought it was a loose hose but it appears that the liquid came directly out of the bottom of the rad. Any help on these topics would be appreciated as this is my first banshee.

I have never heard of some one running the vent lines or the over flow lines off of the carbs into the air box. That is a strange setup if you ask me! I would just run them out the back of the motor like they were. If the radiator is dumping out the bottom then you must have a hole in it dude. Find yourself a pressure tester and test the radiator and see where the water is coming from. 

The overflow lines do run out the back of the bike but he has 4 separate lines that run from outlets on the side of the carb to the airbox Also I think the o rings on the headers are gone because its really wet where the headers connect, those are just o rings correct, there are no gaskets as well?

I think the water your seeing at the bottom of your rad could be from the overflow that is tied off towards the bottom of the radiator. When it overflows it shoots coolant out onto the radiator and makes it appear as if it's coming from the radiator. I'm sure it will stop once the radiator goes empty. :whistling: