Only start with carb cleaner

Mrdjc

Voltage regulator will have nothing to do with your issues.  The Lighting system and ignition system are discrete.  

from everything you are explaining, I am starting to wonder more about electrical issues here.  

When you spray carb cleaner, does it consistently start right up, then die?  

This almost sounds like a CDI failure.  

If it actually fires up for a couple seconds, not just pop,pop, that points right to a fuel delivery issue.  

Please make sure slides are in the correct sides.  If the left is in the right carb, it will be backwards.  

Also, you MUST have compressed air to clean the carbs.  Take EVERYTHING out.  air screw, jets, etc.  Work on the air jets at filter side on the carbs.  There is something blocked or not right, that is all it can be.  Chock tube on?  You sure those bowls are filling?  You need to chase every passage carefully.  Rare to have that much problem.  

• Like 1

Unhook fuel line from tee and turn gas on. Run out? Slides in right carbs? Is the rubber hose between carbs hooked up? The choke hose that connects each carb to each other about 3 or 4 inches long.

Loosen the screw on bowl that bleeds down the fuel in bowl. Does gas run out? Find out of fuel is not getting to carbs or if carbs are not feeding. Go from there.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

From El Paso Texas. Mods are just fmf pipes. I don't believe it has been bored. I need to get the pilot and the main jet numbers any other numbers?

I have fuel coming from the tank. I have fuel in the bowels. The spark plugs kind of seemed like they were getting fuel since they smelled like gas. Still no start. I will check for spark again tonight

Checked compression again and both sit at 112

Yes I do have the choke tube on. I was missing it for the beginning of this thread but I put a new one on that is clear and still nothing. I have clear fuel lines so I am able to see that fuel is flowing from the tank and into the bowels. I will check timing plate tonight