Switching pipes

I have dune ported stock bore cylinders and cases, cool head with 18cc domes,v force reeds, k&n air filter, timming advanced to +4, running av gas. Its set up for trails. I currently have toomy t5s i am looking at buying a new set of pipes i read the rockets come on harder than a cpi on a 421 would they do the same on a stock bore engine

Sent from my GT-S5360L using Tapatalk 2

Or would sniper be the way to go i want a good all around bike i do alot of trail riding but would also like to have a decent ammount of power for the drags

Rockets all the way! Just got a set of the R1's and can't wait to try them out.... I'm going from a set of FMF Gold's circa 1996 LOL

You probably won't be able to find a set of Rockets. They are few and far between.

I would stick with CPI on that motor.

Snipers were designed around high HP 421 Cubs. That's not to say they wouldn't work on your motor, but it might be an expensive trial and error sort of thing.

I'm a fan of CPI. Sounds like we have similar set ups. I lug my cpi's through the trails on and off the pipe. I know Cameron at redline recommends CPI for a lot of builds. I had t5, LRD, pro circuit, fmf, CPI. And I'm sticking with them. They come on low. Not as low as pro circuits but about where the t5 did and pull up high pretty well. Past any of the pipes I previously had. This is my motor, that I told my builder and we agreed on cpi's would be the best setup. So my motor was built for these pipes. So I'd get with who did your port, maybe they'll know what's best.

I recommend sticking with the T5 good all around power for the engine you have and trail riding. I'd take T5 FMF all day long over CPI on the trail even dunes. I fill the CPI and Shearer are great if you have drag port on stock parts or larger displacement. So you still have bottom end power. I'm old so I don't like all the work staying in the power band!!!!

I recommend sticking with the T5 good all around power for the engine you have and trail riding. I'd take T5 FMF all day long over CPI on the trail even dunes. I fill the CPI and Shearer are great if you have drag port on stock parts or larger displacement. So you still have bottom end power. I'm old so I don't like all the work staying in the power band!!!!

Yeah old guy. I'm willing to put my "drag" pipes vs. any "trail" pipe. Porting has come a long way with these engines. CPI are becoming more trail friendly with the right porting and still able to reach the upper RPMs.

Before i had this bike it had cpi pipes on it but when i ended up with it it had t5s. its a totally different bike In a bad way. only difference is the pipes. I just need alil more power cpi was goin to be my first choise but trying to explore my options alittle bit. I need to put out more top end while still keeping my bottom end keeping it in the power band isnt a problem for me.