Uuugghhh....

99michael

Well,, bought this 99 last summer. Had a trinity motor in it. Was told it ran on 110. So I've been buying vp110 to run it for the time bein. When I first got it home, did a leak down and there was a leak on the right side intake. Fixed that an rode the rest of last season.

Now I want to quit paying out the ass for race gas. So I picked up a snap on compression tester, and modquad head with 21cc prodesigne domes from Wes.

Checked compression with the trinity head with 17cc domes and read 210-215 on the left and 205-210 on the right. Now with the 21cc I'm still reading 170 on the left and 160 on the right.

3uhymyza.jpg

Shouldn't there be a bigger difference switching from 17 to 21cc domes? Now I haven't been able to check the squish yet(waiting on caliper) but do you think that it may have too thin of base gaskets? What thickness should I buy when I do the topend?

:rotflmao:  Trinity build   :bolt:

215 PSI :whoa: ……maybe you should just switch to diesel. LMAO

• Like 2

Yea no shit.lol. No signs of detonation though.

Well, that chart shows about 33 psi difference, so that's about right there.

Haveta get my caliper in so I can check squish. But I'll bet its too tight. Don't know of any other reason it could still be that high. With it ported too.

Well I finally got my caliper in. And the tightest spot for squish is .050, and the base gasket is .018 where its smashed and .021 where it's not. So I'm assuming its a .020 gasket..

So why do you guys think there's still that much comp? According to that chart I should be 148 ish with stock porting...

Ends up I'm just gonna buy another set of mx ported cylinders already setup for pump, so I don't have to deal with the trinity crap anymore..lol..

You want to swap cylinders to avoid buying race fuel? ...am I confused here?

at 160-170 you should be able to get away with a 50/50 mix pump/race gas.

I bought a better set that doesn't consist of trinity. But will prob end up using these on a buddies bike. Lookin to avoid any race gas or aviation,,

Yea,,,lol,, or at least they look the same,,lol

gonna have them checked out an see if He can get by with a hone an rings,, if not then bored. Then when we get it back together we can measure it out and have some domes made up.. Seems to be the best rout I think.

Edited by 99michael