Sheares for stock motor

jigsaw4089

Hey fellas, i just picked up a stock banshee, i want to upgrade the pipes soon, ive had banshees with T5 and pro circuits, im thinking this time around i want to run SB sheares, how do they perform on a stock stroke/bore unported motor? for now i will just be putting bolt on mods on, then when its time to rebuild I will get it ported!! any input is appreciated, thanks!!

Don't forget to rejet once you put the pipes on.

On a stock port motor, you'll be happier with T5s.

They're a great pipe.  It will make a WORLD of difference.

Open up the air intake too.  Either a better filter, remove the lid, etc.

Need to get more air in as well as out....and rejet, rejet, rejet.

Yeah, unless your going to do some major mods right away. ...the Shearers will be overkill on a stock bike. You're going to lose alot of bottom end and rideability. I'd go with a set of FMF'S, T-5's, Pro Circuits. .....

Okay ill keep my eye out on some T5's then, ive had them before on my old bike and loved them....never had experience with FMF's or DMC's. Im just going to ride it piped/jetted for now, So far i have Uni filter, still stock air box and lid, drilled a few holes in the top of the lid but ill remove it once i get pipes, I will be ordering bigger main jets tomorrow. Im around 1100 ft elevation, what Mains would you guys recommend?

Make sure you secure the filter to the front of the airbox when you remove the lid, it helps hold it in place.  You'll see what I mean if you haven't already.

You're in Arizona....so, I doubt you'll be riding in sub zero weather right about now. 

Depending on rider weight (Load of motor) I think you should start with a 300 main.  More than likely, that'll be rich...and you work your way down.

I'd buy from 260 to 300 mains (the increment in units of 10.)

You'll probably have to turn the air screw 1/2 to 3/4 turn as well..

Try not to make too many adjustments at once.  There's a jetting thread at the top of this section.

• 3 weeks later...

Well i ended up buying a set of T3's off ebay for about $200, i hear good reviews about these pipes compared to T5, T6's, cant wait to get them in, also got some K&N pod filters!!

Don't forget the outerwears for the pods

For sure on my to get list still lol, should i be fine with my stock timing or do i need to go +4?