New style grab bar with tail lights.

ban99

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Alright... the convo just ends... what is the story with the grab bar and storage box? Did anyone very talk you into producing them for sale?

We are doing the tribal gab bar but have not gotten to the storage box yet.

http://www.jdscustoms.com/product/yamaha-banshee-tribal-rear-grab-bar/

We are doing the tribal gab bar but have not gotten to the storage box yet.

http://www.jdscustoms.com/product/yamaha-banshee-tribal-rear-grab-bar/

"we" ? Is ban99 getting a kickback for his work and ideas? Not trying to bash you or anything, i'm just curious how these ideas were posted here by other people and now JD Customs is making and selling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"we" ? Is ban99 getting a kickback for his work and ideas? Not trying to bash you or anything, i'm just curious how these ideas were posted here by other people and now JD Customs is making and selling.

Ban99 sent me the parts to be designed for production.

I am paying him a portion as they get ordered

I have sold like 4 of the grab bars in a year so it really isn't paying off for anybody yet lol

Ban99 sent me the parts to be designed for production.

I am paying him a portion as they get ordered

I have sold like 4 of the grab bars in a year so it really isn't paying off for anybody yet lol

Sounds like a fair business game. I'm sure the guy with the foot peg Bunjes is getting the same deal.

At $200 per tribal grab bar in raw I'm guessing between four spoons in the pot for idea, designing, sending out for production and getting drop shipped it will take a few to start making a profit.

Good looking out though for keeping the banshee scene fresh with custom parts and ideas.

• Like 1

Sounds like a fair business game. I'm sure the guy with the foot peg Bunjes is getting the same deal.

At $200 per tribal grab bar in raw I'm guessing between four spoons in the pot for idea, designing, sending out for production and getting drop shipped it will take a few to start making a profit.

Good looking out though for keeping the banshee scene fresh with custom parts and ideas.

Foot peg Bung's came from somebody else.

The bottom line is that for the most part, this i a hobby.  I get a lot of enjoyment offering cool shit for our community of people.

I make $10 profit on that grab bar after shipping. Yea... If I made 10pcs it would be better but I am not going to keep 2 yrs inventory lol.

Would I like to grow 5x as big and make a living doing this?  U damn right.  Just gotta keep working at it, this market is tough.

Holy hell $200 bucks for a grab bar???!!!!

If we get a group buy of 10 people or so, could prob do $130

one piece, and paying for all of the setup time for each operation is insane.  Tubelaser = $100/hr, Welding = $55/hr, laser = $100/hr, CNC brake press = $60/hr.  Time in each one of these adds up.  Quantity is key with fabrication so you can amortize the setup of each operation over the quantity orders.

1pcs manufacturing is costly.

Grilles, for instance, are laser only.  Not too bad.  Hence I can offer them for $45 on a one piece run qty.

one piece, and paying for all of the setup time for each operation is insane.  Tubelaser = $100/hr, Welding = $55/hr, laser = $100/hr, CNC brake press = $60/hr.  Time in each one of these adds up.  Quantity is key with fabrication so you can amortize the setup of each operation over the quantity orders.

Grilles, for instance, are laser only.  Not too bad.  Hence I can offer them for $45 on a one piece run qty.

Well I want one either way. So if we get 10 people together by the time I'm ready to order one awesome, if not I guess I will be paying full price. I guess what I'm saying is count me as 1 and we will see where it goes.

Well I want one either way. So if we get 10 people together by the time I'm ready to order one awesome, if not I guess I will be paying full price. I guess what I'm saying is count me as 1 and we will see where it goes.

I doubt we will ever get 10 people.  2 week turnaround if you order one today.  Everyone that has spent the money on one has been very happy.

one piece, and paying for all of the setup time for each operation is insane. Tubelaser = $100/hr, Welding = $55/hr, laser = $100/hr, CNC brake press = $60/hr. Time in each one of these adds up. Quantity is key with fabrication so you can amortize the setup of each operation over the quantity orders.

Grilles, for instance, are laser only. Not too bad. Hence I can offer them for $45 on a one piece run qty.

I don't doubt it...