Dialing in the Rear Shock

ZILLAKILLA

I can't seem to get rear shock dialed in. I put a Racetech Spring for my weight (220lbs.) on it and went 12 out on both comp. and rebound like the tech said. It seems to want to "buck" me over the handlebars at times. I do have a +4 swingarm and ride thru trails, tracks and quarrys. Most of the issue is when riding thru the whoops. I def need the compression all the way hard due to my weight. I want the bike to absorb the whoops better. Any info is helpful. I plan on getting better front and rear shocks soon.  

screw the rebound out. i fought this for awhile too. my shock is still valved for a stock length swinger and i switched to a +4 with a heavier spring. ive got alot of rebound damping in it. i would also set the compression knob back in the center. never run the knobs all the way tight. stay a click or 2 from the end.

I also put a heavier spring on but both the locking nut are all the way to the top of the threads. Another words the spring is pretty much all the way out. What will happen the more I lower those locknuts and compress that spring down??? How will the bike react??? I do sometimes bottom out when I jump high...

Edited by ZILLAKILLA

Cranking them locking rings down on top of spring all it is going to do is raise your ride height up yes it may stiffen your shock. But all i truely use it for is setting ride height when you have proper weighted spring on your shock. As far as the bucking you off the bike threw whoops. Sounds like you need to slow down your rebound. The knob on the bottom of the shock. This takes time and should be done and tested over and over is same whoop section. I normally go counter clockwise on that knob 2 clicks at a time until the ass end stops bouncing side to side . Sounds like you need to slow your rebound down. Hope this helps. It's impossible to have it dialed in for all terrain. But once I'm dialed into one section of riding I'm normally 1-2 clicks out on any terrain from perfection.