Shipping a complete Banshee engine

I tried the Rubbermaid container and cooler approach. But with a lock-up cover, it wouldn't fit.

The ones that did, didn't offer any room for padding.

Shipping insurance doesn't cover damage because they blame poor packaging.

So if you want to be SURE it doesn't get trashed....a real crate is tge only good option.

No promise they won't lose the damn thing.

But loss IS covered by insurance.

Actually this is very useful. I am currently in Dubai, UAE and will be heading back to Canada for the summer. I have just bought my first quad ever (2006 Banshee) yay for me! It needs some engine love so I intend to buy an engine kit for it; a 421 Serval for the massive desert we have here, and bring it back with me on the airplane. Would any of you know if this Action Pack be the wisest choice to transport all the kit needed to rebuild my quad here in the UAE? And on a side note would anyone know the regulations about transporting these type of items on an airplane?

Don't flame here but I found a heavy duty plastic tool chest with wheels and a handle on it. Figured it would be easier to move around. If I put the engine in sideways I can pack a good 3-4 inches of insulator board around it. I wouldn't think there is a problem shipping a engine on its side as long as there are no liquids in it but what do you guys think?

Cooler or box with wheels and a handle. If they can move it easily, there is less chance it'll be fucked up. Not a fan of the rubber maid deal. I've seen what was clearly a hi lo fork puncture in one when I bought a motor off some one. We agreed on the giant rubber maid tote up front and insured it. The stator cover was toast but everything else was cool. I called and they told me that if something is heavy enough to need a hi lo or pallet jack that it's my responsibility to make sure they can get equipment under it. Custom crates and transmission coffins FTW!