485 cheetah vs 4 mil cub?

jayhawkatv

My buddy is parting out his cheetah motor and I was thinking about buying it off of him but before I do I was wondering If fully drag ported on alky which one has more balls? I have a stock cyl now and I know I wouldn't be happy with a cub cause it beats most 4 mil cubs. If the cheetah makes considerable more power I was going to pick it up. The price on the cheetah is good, comes with the whole topend including, intakes and reeds. hes is also giving me the cases that have been bored out for those cylinders right around the same price as buying a cub. Anyways tell me what you think. This will be a drag only bike btw. 4mil 73 mm bore fyi

id say it depends who set up the cheetah... if trinity was the ones in there.. id say stay away.. if it was built by a more reputable builder then it may be worth your time.

... reason you see a lot of stock cylinder bikes eat cubs for lunch most of the time.

I agree with part/ most of what you are saying... but i wouldn't go so far as to say stock cyls eat cubs MOST of the time.

Unless you are saying that when a stock cyl DOES eat a cub its due to setup ,,most of the time.

Or are you saying stock cyls eat cubs most of the time?

Not trying to bust your balls,just trying to get a clear understanding of what you mean, so the OP can get the best advise.

Go with the Cub.

My buddy is parting out his cheetah motor and I was thinking about buying it off of him but before I do I was wondering If fully drag ported on alky which one has more balls? I have a stock cyl now and I know I wouldn't be happy with a cub cause it beats most 4 mil cubs. If the cheetah makes considerable more power I was going to pick it up. The price on the cheetah is good, comes with the whole topend including, intakes and reeds. hes is also giving me the cases that have been bored out for those cylinders right around the same price as buying a cub. Anyways tell me what you think. This will be a drag only bike btw. 4mil 73 mm bore fyi

you beat a lot of cubs due to chassis imo.

most guys that are running stock cylinder drag set ups is because they know how to and want to put a hurting on bigger builds for the most part.... well thats my conclusion... 

imo you get a better rush beating out bigger bikes and builds on a well set up smaller bike. 

That's  what I built my stock cylinder bike for but just ready to go faster. Nobody answered the question though. Will the cheetah set up properly out perform a 4 mil cub. Or would it be a close race?

if I were you I would skip to something big like a 10 or larger dm. no point in spending money several times only to take baby steps. I bought my 4 cub to learn alky tuning. if I burn it down or break it parts are cheap. after Im comfortable with my tuning im building something much bigger.

thanks for your input guys. Anyone of you ever had a 485?

I have (472 & 492) and I already told you....go with the Cub!

A "properly set up Cheetah" will not make the power of a Cub even with the extra cc's.

Anyone who wants to say it will.....dyno sheets or GTFO.

• Like 2

Very few 4mm cheetahs are built right,

But you're still tied to Trinity for pistons, etc.

i think you can get creative with pistons and not be tied to trinity. it is not for the bolt on crowd though. but its part of setting it up right. flat top pistons ftw.

I have (472 & 492) and I already told you....go with the Cub!

A "properly set up Cheetah" will not make the power of a Cub even with the extra cc's.

Anyone who wants to say it will.....dyno sheets or GTFO.

listen to this guy. I was around for an hour long conversation the other night between him, my builder, and am friend. A LOT of info was tossed around that night. Pm sent john, I have a few questions.