Windows 8 sucks dick

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking computers.. Installed that K-Lite shit an hour ago.. Made a new video, saved it and uploaded to YouTube.

Now this BRAND NEW computer with 8MB Ram and 1T hard drive is acting laggy as fuck.

Switching between tabs in Firefox is slow as fuck and nearly causing Firefox to shut down. What in the fuck?

The codec pack won't have any effect on performance - it's just a few container descriptors. It may be affecting Firefox in the sense that there's many more codecs for Firefox to choose. Try a repair install on Firefox, or try Chrome and let me know. Did you get the K-Lite pack from majorgeeks?

Sent from my carrier pigeon.

Fucking computers.. Installed that K-Lite shit an hour ago.. Made a new video, saved it and uploaded to YouTube.

Now this BRAND NEW computer with 8MB Ram and 1T hard drive is acting laggy as fuck.

Switching between tabs in Firefox is slow as fuck and nearly causing Firefox to shut down. What in the fuck?

Surely you mean 8 GB unless you're trying to be funny.

The codec pack won't have any effect on performance - it's just a few container descriptors. It may be affecting Firefox in the sense that there's many more codecs for Firefox to choose. Try a repair install on Firefox, or try Chrome and let me know. Did you get the K-Lite pack from majorgeeks?

Sent from my carrier pigeon.

I think I figured it out. When I installed K-Lite it also installed some Quick Share bullshit for pictures on the internet. I uninstalled that junk and it seems better now.

• 3 weeks later...

Windows XP Pro FTW. Too bad Microsoft doesn't support it anymore.

Until April 2014, XP Pro SP3 is supported.

I did that. Haven't messed with it much but at least there's start button now.

I need to mess with it more.

Now is when I get to say...  I TOL YOU SO MUTHA FUCKA....  there, had to say it.

8 is a little better as 8.1 with the "Desktop" view option.  But that just moved it from Horseshit to Dogshit.  A little less sized pile O Shit.

I still would've called HP and threatened to send them tanned and jacked photos of me until they sent you a Windows  7 CD/DVD for that computer.

They would've overnighted that shit for free...