PARTS CHANGERS VS TECHNICIANS----dl this service manual

Brap_Life

It was not the pick up tabs outside the flywheel... it was the magnets in the flywheel being broken.

This goon is PM'ing me about how I diagnosed my bike wrong because a stator swap got my bike running and he feels it is a toasted CDI.

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?app=members&module=messaging&section=view&do=showConversation&topicID=208524&st=0#msg1065845471

Zilla, we ride a lot just north and south of 59 Howell to Waterford. A lot on White Lake and crescent Lake. The guys from Tech Care come out to crecent from time to time. We also got a sweet private lake to ride on and it's true half mile. We are gonna plow it like an alien head shape so that it makes one end tighter so the 4 pokes can have a shot at keeping up though.

Tricked carbine, I bet your stator came with a pick up coil didn't it?

Actually it did as most do, but I had already swapped the old one with a new OE from FAST and gapped it to 15 thou. So I re used the newer one opposed to the old stocker that was originally connected to the stator I used to replace the junk one. Why? This isn't a fucking debate. Bike didn't run and I swapped a stator and it fired and ran. Everything was adjusted and checked prior to the swap though so I'm not sure why you are so positive that my CDI was the culprit.

WtF. If I'm at the track and have a suspected ignition issue I change CDI, Coil, and stator until I find (or don't find) the culprit. If I have 3 of each in my trailer that's an easy way to trouble shoot. I don't really know what this thread is about.