PARTS CHANGERS VS TECHNICIANS----dl this service manual

Brap_Life

I change parts all the time. 

Pick up coil controls spark. It has it's own seperate coil, the reluctor on the flywheel interupts the magnetic field, allowing 3 or so volts up the pick up coil, jumped up at the cdi, jumped up again at the coil, jumped up again at the spark plug. 

spark wasn't your problem if it was the stator, you probably didn't have power out of your cdi all together.

Saw alot of people asking about manuals, wanted to post this one.

flame on.

I change parts all the time. 

Pick up coil controls spark. It has it's own seperate coil, the reluctor on the flywheel interupts the magnetic field, allowing 3 or so volts up the pick up coil, jumped up at the cdi, jumped up again at the coil, jumped up again at the spark plug. 

spark wasn't your problem if it was the stator, you probably didn't have power out of your cdi all together.

Saw alot of people asking about manuals, wanted to post this one.

flame on.

So you're saying that the stator doesn't have a lighting side and a ignition (spark) side?

^^^ what he said^^^^ The stator will absolutly cause problems if it isn't putting out enough AC voltage to the CDI... A bad flywheel can cause a severe driveability problem... I know because I chased an electrical problem until I for shits and giggles swapped out the flywheel! As an ASE certified master tech (auto/cycle) I know there are times when "parts changing" is warranted, in order to properly diagnose the problem... It helps to have a stock of known good electrical parts, to test with...

Has a coil for powering cdi, not for spark. You pick spark  in quotes beside ignition  hinting that the ignition coil in the stator controls spark, it does not.  Pick up coil sits outside the flywheel and sends spark signal to the cdi. Tend to worry if the first thing someone does on a banshee is check stator for no spark, probably verify your pick up coil is sending voltage to the cdi first, could be as simple as a loose pick up, gapped a mm too far to pick up proper signal, and you replace a $100 stator, problem isn't fixed, could have spend $15 and fixed it, sad faces all around. Now if your getting 3 or 4 volts out of pick up i would def check to see if coil was getting voltage, if it wasn't, i'd check cdi, and find that it had no power out, and realize i had a stator issue, it's ac cdi.  Or it could be neither, your kill switch as eroded enough to deposit enough material for continuity across the switch and all tests don't matter...we can walk the slippery slope of well this couldl and that could happen. 

If you are replacing your stator you had spark signal, no computer power to jump up the signal to the coil.

what happens when you have no spark on a dc cdi ignition system and you have trained your brain that stator controls spark? You chase your ass with a multi meter getting good readings on your charging system while your hunting ignition problems. 

And Zillaguy, i fully agree what you said about the stator, but then you jumped to changing the flywheel. The flywheel has reluctors on it that interrupt the magnetic field between flywheel and pick up coil, and that in turn allows voltage flow up the pick up coil. It wasn't your stator, it was your flywheel.

This fukking brap guy is trying to drop a bomb of copyright knowledge in here but has the audacity to ask what is the best manual...either you dont need a manual at all or you have the slickest copy and paste method evar.....