PARTS CHANGERS VS TECHNICIANS----dl this service manual

Brap_Life

Which are you? Seems to me quite a few users on this forum think that the amount of posts they have contributed is directly proportional to their technical aptitude.

Beware people, you run into this all the time, freaking ya-hoo's who have 3000 posts so they think they are professional technicians, and give advice that makes NO SENSE.

I was warned not to join forums for this exact reason, it would just piss me off, young punks who changed their jets, now they think they are mechanics and want to run their mouths to folks who are truly trying to help.

so for starters, stop asking so many damned questions, stop using owners manuals for repairs, and download this...

http://www.maxmekker.com/atv-inc.htm

go to the yamaha drop box, scroll to banshee, click go, it will download.

^factory service manual---no need to ask

If you have a spark issue and someone sais do a resistance test on the stator....you could be in trouble listening to them....

I know im getting hazed for this, but people, i am just trying to truly help the people that need it.

I get your point, but I think you are conveying it in a little off manner and your example was not a very good one. In fact, I had a spark issue and so I did the normal list and ohmed my stater. Guess what, no bueno. So I swapped it and it ran fine. Like I said I get your point, but there is a ton of info here that no service tech or service manual will give you.

So now that you have that manual, guess we won't be seeing any more of you since you have all the info available for a banshee?

• Like 1

O shit this one is going to get good. I am just a parts changer I dont know how to work on shit so I will sit back and watch this blow up. LOL Probably not the best way to start your stay on this forum out dip shit!!! There is a lot of great info on this site and yes there is also a lot of bull shit that goes on but that is the case with any site. Hope you enjoy your stay buddy!!

• Like 1

ya-hoo's FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe Brap is a professional or maybe not but only being on the forum one day and startin this fire isnt gonna get you very far. As far as service manuals they are for procedures and helpful finding some problems but experience from all these guys here on the forum is gonna be most trusted. Example - you have a top end issue where your bike is cutting out and you check electronics and all resistance on stator and cdi and coil check out ok according to service manual specs then what, well thats where parts changing comes in you change stator and guess what more then likely problem solved. Only used that example due to experience of the exact thing happening to a shee ive worked on.

hazed or not  this is very true.

not to many real thinkiers around anymore.  mostly parts changers..

for simple example.  maybe the stator that got changed the trigger gap was closer to what it needed and that fixed the top end misfire.  ??   i have seen a LOT of wacko crazy shit happen with these bikes as well as a lot of others  some were simple fixes  some really made you tear your hair out.   but in the end i figured out every one of them.