Kicking around going diesel

sprinklerman

I'm going to dig through my magazines and find that article because I can't find it on their websites. What do you do for Volvo? Everyone I talk to (in the diesel industry in general) seems to act like the move is going away from SCR. And usually Volvo is pretty cutting edge so now I'm curious. I just find it hard to fathom that the best thing these multi billion dollar corporations can come up with in there multi million dollar test labs is "pour this shit in a seperate tank, spray it in the pipe and we're good." Just seems like a bandaid to me.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a cummins guy, I've had a 5.9 and I'm on my 2nd 6.7 I love them. I have driven stock 6.0, 6.4, and 6.7 power strokes for work a lot. Ill admit it's gonna be personal preference if you are keeping stock. I love the power of a 6.7 power stroke all stock. If you go cummins and plan on modifying it get a manual tranny I've been through two autos on the 6.7 cummins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Which trannies have you gone through? Where they the 68rfe on the 07 1/2 and up or were they on the 5.9 cummins? What took a shit ( torque converter, clutch pack exc.) And what all do you have done to your truck to trash a trans? Just curious, because so far i have yet to hear of a weak point on the 68rfe when light/moderate mods are done to the truck.

TON!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also the manual trans. under mods are having problems keeping power flowing as well. The clutches on the stock trucks are shit and will need replaced under more then factory power output. There is a reason dodge has 850 ft/lbs. on a auto and only 610 ft./lbs. on the manual. Now the 850 ft./lbs. is for the new aisin trans. that was brought down from there 4500/5500 cab and chassis. But the 68rfe still would hold up to 800ft./lbs. and 350hp. just fine.

TON!

First was a Tc on my 5.9, second was a 68rfe, and the clutch packs Burnt up going through a lot of mud. At the time I didn't have gauges and had a superchip stacked with ts mp-8. I'm sure with a tranny temp gauge it could have been prevented but the can still take a shit. After that is wouldn't shift out of 1st gear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

In my experience the 47re and 48re leave a lot to be desired. I ended up rebuilding my 47re when the tc grenaded as well. As for the nv5600 good luck finding parts for them down the road.

TON!