Starting from stock- where should I focus first- help me out.

Bantrx95

I have a 2006 banshee SE it is stock bore, DMC pipes, stock carbs with 230 mains, and I want to make it fast and mean, but not drag. I live in upper Pennsylvania and ride alot of steep wood trails, tight corners and all that. So I don't wanna widen or stretch it. I just wanna beef up the motor as much as possible, and make it the meanest trail quad around. Have a tight budget and need to know where to start first, where i can sink a little in, ride till I get another pay check, then do it again. Where should I focus first, carbs? Crank? Big bore.

since you have pipes already you can get a timing plate and set to +4, if you dont plan on driving and flying into 3 ft of water you can run pods instead of the air box ( more air) but remember to bump up the mains. imo you should update the suspension. then worry about the motor. its not going to be cheap either way.more power= more money. this is not a cheap sport

Do the normal shit. Pull it apart, true and weld the crank, port it (or get a stock stroke serval or 4 mill), cooling mods if you're woods riding (cool head, impeller, etc), timing plate, open up the air box, aftermarket air box, or pods if you aren't in the mud and water. I'd do shocks and control arms, and a round house swinger. Sweet beadlock wheels, or reinforced ring ones. Then search the website since this topic has been covered a billion times since we all started exactly where you are now 10+ years ago :)

Get a 4mil crank because it's a good start for a real motor. Once you have the crank, later you can get serval cylinders and make even more hp.

Ifyour keeping your stock Cylinders with the 4 mil, I'd get it dune ported. It's still a great port job for the woods.

A cool head with custom cut domes will really help you set your motor up for your desired fuel and compression, along with better performance.

28pwks are great carbs for what your looking to do. They're easy to tune and are going to let you keep your stock intakes.

Right now I only got about 300 buck to put into it, could I get a crank for this? Is anything else needed to run stroker cranks?

No $300 is not enough... A properly built 4 mil is going to run you a minimum of $1200...With all the supporting mods that go with that build it will more likely be around $2000... Your best bet is to start buying parts and store them until you have everything, then do your build... DO NOT buy the cheapo chinese 4mil crank (wang crank) it WILL break and destroy your motor. DO NOT buy the Athena Big Bore kit, a ported stock cylinder set-up is faster and more reliable. DO NOT use a stroker spacer plate instead of porting and domes. Suspension is not cheap either, for a good set-up you're going to spend at least $2000 (Elkas, +2 A-arms, round house swing arm, not to mention longer brake lines.) I started stock except for FMF Fatty Golds, and i'm aorund $6000 in now, having paid $1000 for the bike.. And, i'm still not where I want to be.....