Ceramic pipe coating

Jgspahn

What do you guys think about this opinion...

Most pipe coatings work very well at separation. Separating you from some cash.
Peak rpm is tied to pipe length not temp.
Coated pipes and stainless take LONGER to get the pipe to temp that's why it raises the rpm peak by a few 100 rpm.Pipes painted black will come into phase earlier than clear coated or polished
Pipe waves have 3 components pressure, sound and particle all moving at different speeds and the pressure wave is what everyone is most interested in.It is impossible to accelerate or amplify a pressure wave as it is strongest and fastest as it comes out of the exhaust duct.The pipe dimension work to assist the wave (either depression or peak)coincide with the engine at the correct phase in the cycle.

The guy I was gonna have coat them said he hadnt heard of the coating causing problems, but would ask around with some of the people he does business with and get back to me. He also wanted me to send him the link to this post. It sounds like he is doing some research also, which I really appreciate. I wish I knew enough to make this decision on my own, but i dont. Anybody else feel qualified to throw in 2cents?

i did the satin black 1100 degree bbq paint on some fmf's a while back, they actually came out really nice, not dull, but not glossy.  They held up ok for about a season, but at that point the heat near where the pipes come out of the motor and curve basically burned off somewhat.  If you dont mind pulling them off, sanding a little and spraying them it's cheap and easy. 

This was after a season when i sold them.

IMAG0261_zpscba50042.jpg

Well.. .I went ahead and had it done. I just picked them up. Got it all done for 90 bucks. Sorry for shitty pictures they were taken inside.

IMG_20130828_204309_841.jpg

IMG_20130828_204333_838.jpg

IMG_20130828_204420_548.jpg

The pics dont do them justice, and my grubby finger prints show really bad too. They look great., now I only hope they hold up and perform.

Edited by Jgspahn

• 8 years later...