FAST adjustable timing plate

I've searched on here couldn't get a deffinate answer. If I get an adjustable timing plate do I have to run race gas? I live at 650' elevation mods currently are t-5's and a cut air box lid.

No, ignition timing has nothing to do with compression and therefor the required octane of your fuel will not be affected by the timing plate.

No, ignition timing has nothing to do with compression and therefor the required octane of your fuel will not be affected by the timing plate.

Incorrect...to a point.

A modest increase of timing should not need higher octane.

But any time you increase heat in a motor (compression, timing, etc.) the possibility is there.

If you slap on a plate and put a few degrees of timing on it...****And it was tuned/jetted properly before***...you most likely will not have to add octane.

Listening to your motor and reading spark plugs are a good idea regardless.

• Like 1

+4 timing and always run premium fuel, you should have no problem... 86 and 87 octane are for lawn mowers anyway, and should never be run in your Banshee..

What fuel do you guys use on youre banshees? I always put 98ron fuel and it has stock cool head and stock timing plate.

I always read guys saying they put 91ron fuel and if they get 21cc domes they go up to 95 or 98ron is this correct?

Thank you for all your replies. I'm more familiar with supercharged mustangs than the banshee's. I know more compression equals running race gas but low compression supercharged /turbo motors can also require it because of igmition timing.The E85 comment was a smartass comment on the nitro methane comment

What fuel do you guys use on youre banshees? I always put 98ron fuel and it has stock cool head and stock timing plate.

I always read guys saying they put 91ron fuel and if they get 21cc domes they go up to 95 or 98ron is this correct?

depends on your compression ratio...

what pruis runs on e85?

I have a customer with 2 Prius's and he runs E85 in both of them... So... Theres that....... Also have a customer with a "Not so" Smart Car that runs E85...