STY's Annual MI. Trip

SlowerThanYou

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly I'd have to agree. Can't do anything about the age but can the weight.

I was a lean 165 for years until age 40+ but don't think I'll ever see that again.

At 50 I hit a high of 225 and couldn't stand myself so I worked hard and lost 40.

I usually pack on 10 tax time pounds and lose it during the summer but this year I've been bad and haven't taken care of myself.

I'll be in the upper 180's by my Dec cruise and am determined not to go above 190 this tax season so a 180 goal for early race season 2014 won't be hard to obtain. My downfall is pizza, pasta and beer damn it!

Teddy was implying or maybe he wasn't.  I was going easy on him in the SB the other day. I did win a few heads-up races while I was in MI. at both Lapeer & Milan.

Lets focus on the Teddy & SlowerThanYou race. I guess during one of our drinking nights we came up with a 2 out 3 heads-up race. I wanted 1/4 mile he wanted 1/8 mile. So, 2 of the races were simple to decided. The 3rd race was decided by the flip of the coin & I won another 1/4 mile race. Plus, he stipulated I had to turn off the delay box. The bet was for a steak dinner at the winner's home town or surrounding area.

By all rights Teddy had me covered in the 1/8 mile or thought he did. He should of remembered I hold some undisclosed numbers with our race vehicles, LOL! We pretty much knew I had him covered in the 1/4 mile. While he was running good in both distances, he shouldn't of taken or offered the bet. The track was not suited for what his quad is capable of.

Anyway, the 1st race I got my cross dressing buddy by roughly .29 in ET. I knew I had him covered in the 1/4 mile. So, I offered him another 1/8 mile race. I figured this one would go to him, but it didn't go in his favor. He had me on the reaction time, but I caught him. I won by about .25 in ET on this run. I was happy, but more importantly. Ted & Karen have been great friends for a while now. We have shared good & bad times together. Winning or losing the bet, it didn't matter. It is an excuse to spend time with good friends in the future, win or lose.

We are tied with our bets & I'm sure the next one will be even better. Till then, you got beat by the Hoopty/Almost Demo Camaro. Better luck next time Teddy!

Cross dressing buddy!!   WTF    I like how you buried that little dig in the post f'er - No one's safe from your pot stirring! :rotflmao:  

No problem I know how you really feel...   :wub:

Seriously, I expected 6.20's in Michigan and that would have easily covered a Hoopty Camaro heads up 1/8 mile race but as it turned out I wasn't close all weekend.

With the numbers we'd layed down throughout I felt heads up racing was fair and that the outcome would pretty much be decided at the tree.

It was not to be.  A .20+ margin is a mile in bracket racing. Usually W/L are decided by MUCH smaller decimals!

It was a good race and you beat me fair and square (and badly).                                  This time  :whistling:

Next years races and bet with ATV's and the new motors will be interesting for sure. 

Congrats on the win buddy. See you in Sin City.

• 10 months later...

Anyway, the 1st race I got my cross dressing buddy by roughly .29 in ET. I knew I had him covered in the 1/4 mile. So, I offered him another 1/8 mile race. I figured this one would go to him, but it didn't go in his favor. He had me on the reaction time, but I caught him. I won by about .25 in ET on this run. I was happy, but more importantly. Ted & Karen have been great friends for a while now. We have shared good & bad times together. Winning or losing the bet, it didn't matter. It is an excuse to spend time with good friends in the future, win or lose.

We are tied with our bets & I'm sure the next one will be even better. Till then, you got beat by the Hoopty/Almost Demo Camaro. Better luck next time Teddy!

Hey there my cross dressing buddy. You sure are awful quiet!, Labor Day Weekend 2014 is quickly approaching. I've been working on another Secret Weapon, hope you are ready.

Our racing schedule is getting changed around by the minute it seems like. My mom is not doing well, but wants me to race. We are taking an extra week of vacation. I'm keeping a few people informed on our changes. As for Wheelman & Dajogejr, I'll give Chris as much heads up as I can on Milan. Right now we have it earmarked for Sun. Sept. 7.